Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: First impressions: KAC ACC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    Over the years I have gone from a lover of things KAC, to a pure hater. This ebb and flow has stemmed from multiple reasons, but that's not what this thread is about. I'm sure there are various folks who may remember some of my more colorful posts on the subject. This post is about how I have come full circle, and really appreciate KAC products again.

This all stemmed from a KAC bashing session here on M4C where I took a lot of flak for railing against KAC due to some negative experiences I'd had in recent years with some issued kit. It got ugly, people got butt hurt, only the Knights rep stayed cool and professional.

At the time I owned an OBR (still own it) and a LMT MWS. I figured I would put my money where my mouth was and get into the KAC game too. I would either confirm my negative ideas or end up with a new toy that lived up to the hype. I hit up the friendly company rep and said that I had two SR-25 pattern guns, and that I wanted an upper. He obliged all my questions and when we got down to brass tacks about money, it wasn't a huge stretch to make it a complete gun rather than just an upper so I bit. We chatted for over a year about pros and cons about different configurations and after and few bumps in the road I got my gun.

No question about it, my OBR is a laser beam. It shoots. Period. Precision gas gun was covered, so I wanted the impossible: lightweight, easy shooting, hardcore-parkour-gangster, commando heavy carbine. I ordered an MLOK ACC with MAMS. I've carried various iterations of SR-25 rifles (MK11, M110 SASS) and the MK17. Not much lightweight about the SRs, and the MK17 is light and kicks like more than most want. I'm talking real MK17, not 17S with cannon break on the end. I thought that what KAC was touting the ACC to be was impossible. So I trusted Jack and ordered it.

Well I'm a few hundred rounds in, and so far I'm digging it. A lot. I'm not going to test it for maximum accuracy potential. I have that covered and didn't buy this to fill that role. I wanted something I could engage 20" targets out to 500m and still be handy at short ranges. Thusly it wears a scope that tops out at 8x, and will likely never see more power than that. The gun impressed me. I don't get excited much about guns anymore. I'm pretty jaded. This makes me grin when I shoot it. Recoil is nothing like 308. It's more like 762x39. The MAMS is incredible in that dept.

When Jack tells you that you're getting a lightweight 308 that shoots fast and flat, he's telling the truth. What he doesn't tell you is how fun it is.

I'll likely add more observations as they come up. I still have only two very short range sessions with the carbine so far.
    -Thanks for the info here. I actually had an argument about this with a buddy literally 3 days ago. Where he said the SR25 was the first great AR10 platform but has 'been far exceeded' to which I argued a good bit with him, but he was pretty suck in his notion. Now I have another first hand reference I can point him to.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I briefly got to finger bang an ACC and I was nothing short of impressed. Even with a WML, IR pointer/illuminator and MK8 1-8 the rifle was extremely lightweight.

I wouldn't even consider another AR pattern .308.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I cant wait to get an ACC.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    OP, how did the MWS work out for you?

I feel some of the same evolution of thought regarding the Knight's products. The odd quirks of the Mk11 I used in the wayback turned me off for a long time, but after I sold my own MWS I snatched up an ACC. Haven't had much chance to shoot it over the past year, but I have been deciding whether I want to go 2.5x10 or 1x6 or 8.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I briefly got to finger bang an ACC and I was nothing short of impressed. Even with a WML, IR pointer/illuminator and MK8 1-8 the rifle was extremely lightweight.

I wouldn't even consider another AR pattern .308.

One of the main gripes about the MWS has always been the weight factor. While I acknowledge that it isn't the most lightweight offering out there, it's not the out-of-control overweight beast people make it out to be neither. I had a friend weigh his APC, which is set-up in a near identical configuration using the same optic as mine (see pic). His gun comes in at 11 lbs 4 oz (empty), while mine weighs in at 11 lbs 9 oz (empty). I'm sure I could shave a few more ounces if I opted for a more lightweight optic mount or installed the MWS lightweight 16" CL barrel, but I'm running the heavy profile 20" CL barrel which was ball milled and cut down to 16" (also keeping in mind that the ACC weighs about 10 oz. less than an APC). Nevertheless, my point is that the MWS, while not the most anorexic girl at the fashion show, she's definitely not a super heavy weight neither.

With regards to accuracy, I will say that I've been very impressed with the ACC test targets I've been seeing. I'm getting consistent minute and half groups with my gun and I've been really happy with that given what it is. Bottom line is I love my MWS, and there are reasons why I hold it in such high regard that go beyond the spec sheet. If good fortune smiles on me then perhaps one day I'll be able hang an ACC right next to it in the safe.

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 11-01-16 at 14:28. Reason: typo
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post

I'll likely add more observations as they come up. I still have only two very short range sessions with the carbine so far.
    I'd enjoy seeing a pic of your set up if you get a chance.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    One of the main gripes about the MWS has always been the weight factor. While I acknowledge that it isn't the most lightweight offering out there, it's not the out-of-control overweight beast people make it out to be neither. I had a friend weigh his APC, which is set-up in a near identical configuration using the same optic as mine (see pic). His gun comes in at 11 lbs 4 oz (empty), while mine weighs in at 11 lbs 9 oz (empty). I'm sure I could shave a few more ounces if I opted for a more lightweight optic mount or installed the MWS lightweight 16" CL barrel, but I'm running the heavy profile 20" CL barrel which was ball milled and cut down to 16" (also keeping in mind that the ACC weighs about 10 oz. less than an APC). Nevertheless, my point is that the MWS, while not the most anorexic girl at the fashion show, she's definitely not a super heavy weight neither.

With regards to accuracy, I will say that I've been very impressed with the ACC test targets I've been seeing. I'm getting consistent minute and half groups with my gun and I've been really happy with that given what it is. Bottom line is I love my MWS, and there are reasons why I hold it in such high regard that go beyond the spec sheet. If good fortune smiles on me then perhaps one day I'll be able hang an ACC right next to it in the safe.

Gorgeous rifle bro. And, that's lighter than my ArmaLite with pencil barrel.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post

Nice blaster brother. I had an MWS with the standard picatinny rail and 16" CL barrel. It was a beast but a super nice rifle. I regret selling it and have propositioned the guy I sold it to about buying it back. Is that a Mark 6 1-6 you're running?

Feedback Score
    Nightforce ATACR.jpg

My ACC setup as a precision rig. It currently wears a CQBSS with H27. This particular rifle has been a decent .75 MOA rifle with BH and FGMM. The CL stainless barrel gives me the confidence to run it like a battle rifle when the precision isn't necessary, but still step it up to 600m when necessary. Great rifle!

Feedback Score
    If the CQBSS was lighter, I'd run it on the ACC. For what I'm doing with the ACC, I'm liking the MK6 1-6x more. Still like the MK8 1.1-8x H27d on EMC and ECC models, but I run those a little different. The APC can work really well with the MK6 3-18 at distance.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast