Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is really slick: 10 minute deer processing sans gutting

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

This is really slick: 10 minute deer processing sans gutting

I gotta say this one could be a game changer for me. Whether or not you adopt all his little tricks I'd reckon you will find at least one nugget in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Wdwjlu9mY

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Good stuff.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Shows me the importance of having the right equipment, and right preparation. And of course a sharp knife!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bow season in 11 days hope I have a chance to put this approach into practice then!

Feedback Score
    I certainly appreciate the efficiency and I love a good sharp knife. Learning to properly sharpen has paid dividends for me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nbnp82DWMCE

I prefer this method. Simple, clean, and quick.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No mention of processing the balance for trimmings. Seems like a lot of waste.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    No mention of processing the balance for trimmings. Seems like a lot of waste.
    Reviving this post. That video actually popped up on my YouTube recommended so I watched it today. Interesting but I thought the exact same. Honestly the rib meant ground up with everything else is still good meat. Hell you can even grind up the neck meat. No one is going to be able to tell you where the ground up meat came from on a deer.... They even have a walk in freezer. Gut him and hang him. The meat is so much better when you have that option in my opinion and they're easier to skin out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That's basically how I've done it for the last 10 or so years. No tainting with dirt, sticks or other items and the meat gets cooled very quickly and I'm back on stand hunting within 30 mins.

As to waste... nothing goes to waste in nature. The coyotes, vultures and other critters will have it completely gone within 12 hours or less - but I understand your point of there is some more useful meat on there.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I have never had the luxury of being able to process a deer or elk right at camp. Everything I have shot, has to be boned out, out in the field for a many mile hike. Some of the big mule deer and any elk, are much to heavy to move without a truck or wheeler. (that you can not use here in CO on state ground) Try to carry a bull elk rear 1/4 bone in.. good luck. I gut them out and have the meat as cool as possible as fast as possible. I know down in the South, lots of folks have leases to hunt with a great setup. Come out west, and its a whole different ball game. My hunt pack always consists of plastic sheets and gallon zip lock bags, etc. Make a clean of spot as possible and process it upon kill. Pending the weather, conditions, and size of the animal, we have had to hang 1/4s in game bags over night out in the woods until we can come back to pack the rest out.
    Philippians 4:13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast