Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: A year of Crossfit, and what it's done for me!

Feedback Score
    Yeah, bench form is much better. You didn't lose any power on the attempt.

Everything looks good, keep at it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    This week-end, I decided to see how my Olympic lifts were doing. The best clean I ever manged in Crossfit was 235#. I managed 243# this go. Proving that not only am I getting stronger on "regular" lifts, but that it carries directly over to Olympic lifts.

*My largest critique of this lift is elbow speed sucked. Had I been faster on the elbows, I would have also ended up "less on my toes", and the whole lift would have looked a LOT less shoddy. Sorry for camera angle. That, and I'm too damn fat for Underarmor shirts, but I still wear them for dynamic lifts like this because I have a mental thing about loose shirts on these lifts.

**I am well aware that at 200# BW, a 243# clean is an absolute joke.
    Last edited by WS6; 03-30-17 at 02:18.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Good deal man! And yes, absolute strength gains especially from squats and deads will directly transfer over to oly lifting. As I said before, Crossfit is fine for a general program, but nothing beats a dedicated strength program if strength gain is a goal.

One more critique...work on getting better hip extension (triple extension) on that second pull. I don't think it is your elbows that made your balance go to your toes, it was bar path and the lack of extension of the hips (I'm also not sure if you even made contact with the bar and your body during the pull?). You did more of a jump than an extension. Check out some videos on "hookgrip" (Youtube) of Oly lifters to see what I'm talking about...

Getting your technique down should add more weight to your oly lifts even without more strength gains.
    Last edited by Ironman8; 03-30-17 at 07:46.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Good deal man! And yes, absolute strength gains especially from squats and deads will directly transfer over to oly lifting. As I said before, Crossfit is fine for a general program, but nothing beats a dedicated strength program if strength gain is a goal.

One more critique...work on getting better hip extension (triple extension) on that second pull. I don't think it is your elbows that made your balance go to your toes, it was bar path and the lack of extension of the hips (I'm also not sure if you even made contact with the bar and your body during the pull?). You did more of a jump than an extension. Check out some videos on "hookgrip" (Youtube) of Oly lifters to see what I'm talking about...

Getting your technique down should add more weight to your oly lifts even without more strength gains.

I will do so. I tried the hook grip before, but it hurts my weak little thumbs

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I will do so. I tried the hook grip before, but it hurts my weak little thumbs
    Sorry, "Hookgrip" is the name of the Youtube channel. They do a bunch of slow-mo vids with different views of the oly lifters at competitions. Pretty cool to see all slowed down actually.

And yeah the hookgrip does take some getting used to.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I am now strict OH pressing 20# more than when I quite doing CF in Nov. of last year.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567