Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The m4c Non-Movie Star Wars Thread

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    retarded... simply retarded to bring that crap here and bring everyone down.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    LOL! Ah c'mon!

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Since you fellas are more hip to the SW...

...please tell me there's a sequel to KOTOR in the works that isn't a MMORPG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Honestly after "The Force Awakens" I'm done with Star Wars. They did everything they could to capture the spirit of the original and it still greatly disappointed me.

I've got the original trilogy and the remastered / updated original trilogy on DVD. The George Lucas updates are garbage CGI fests on a nicer looking print that is now unwatchable. Of the original trilogy I only watch the original 1977 film. Would have been nice if he just cleaned up the original special effects without adding crap, but that version doesn't exist so I just watch the original 1977 film even though some of the effects remind me of the tv show Battlestar Galatica at times.

I can't even watch "The Empire Strikes Back" because that requires watching "Return of the Jedi" to complete the story line and "Return of the Jedi" has muppets and teddy bears and is the beginning of the really stupid crap.
    Pretty much sums up my feelings. I loved the original Star Wars (Episode IV) so much I probably have seen it 10 or more times. I wish Lucas had simply continued the story from that point instead of making up some back story of Vader being Luke's father. I still remember the anger in the fans when that was revealed. I think it did irreparable damage to the series.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Since you fellas are more hip to the SW...

...please tell me there's a sequel to KOTOR in the works that isn't a MMORPG.
    I'm hearing rumors, but nothing solid.

I would anticipate that any new Star Wars RPG from BioWare will either be completely free of Star Wars canon and thus be more of a sequel to the MMO and its expansions or it will be unconnected to the original KOTOR and set in nu canon (the last war between the Sith and Jedi some 1000 years before the movies would be neat and keeping with the spirit of the original KOTOR).
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Roger that. I haven't played an MMORPG since SWG, and am absolutely fiending for a KOTOR III.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just wanted to mention, the most recent Star Wars Rebels episode (s3 e5 - The Last Battle) is pretty darn good. It's a throwback to the Clone Wars TV series and the end credits is the Clone Wars credits song rather than the Rebels credits song, and the closing title restyled the Rebels logo to look like the Clone Wars logo.

Also, the audio book version of "Ahsoka," which came out about 2 weeks ago, is narrated by the voice actress who voiced Ahsoka in Clone Wars and Rebels.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 10-24-16 at 01:38.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    I really like Star Wars when I was a kid.

It was mind blowing.

So much more action and adventure than Star Trek.

The tension over Leia, then it ends up being his sister.
    DV his father?!?!
    Wow.
    Even then some of it was a little weird.
    The gay robot, the teddy bear ewoks, etc.

Watching them again before the prequels came out,
    Luke was a whiny little bitch that drove me up a wall.
    The fights were horrible.
    The inefficiency of the storm troopers, etc.
    They fell in my eyes.

Then,
    With much better action and abilities, the prequels had some interest.
    But jar jar was even more annoying than the robot.
    The timing was all messed up.

The force was some alien cell in your blood?

It was just ret conned too much.

The feel of the original trilogy was that obi and Vader were probably in their 40s with decades of hard combat living under their belts when Luke and Leila were born.

Not, some teenager has kids,
    And 18 years later obi wan went from being thirty to about 80 years old.

I don't know.

It was huge, fresh, and mind blowing to a ten year old.

But I don't think it has aged well.

And the fleshing out, progression, and ret conning have gone less well.

It's like hopping into my 69 GTO.
    I love it, and from the early 70s to the late 80s,
    Those cars ruled.

But the average 6 cylinder sedan you buy now is faster, handles and stops better, has more net HP.
    Let alone a modern performance car.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Roger that. I haven't played an MMORPG since SWG, and am absolutely fiending for a KOTOR III.
    Star Wars: The Old Republic is less an MMO and more of a sort of "shared world" RPG. Sort of like Destiny, but with more RPG elements and somewhat less FPS.

Plus you have the option of being a bounty hunter, smuggler, Republic trooper, or Imperial agent - in addition to four classes that flail around with laser sticks. And each of the eight classes has their own story.

The only problem is that you have to sign up for the subscription service in order to have most of the species options unlocked at start up (and each class is limited in which species you can choose, unless you throw more money at the game) and in order to get enough XP from the single-player quests to keep from grinding and keep your character's story moving forward.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree. Before the prequels, I always thought Vader was like Sgt. Barnes. Haggard, angry.....just been out too long and seen too much. Treated the Force more like a lapsed Catholic.

Like I figured the Clone Wars was like Spacw Vietnam and towards the end he just hated everything. His turn to the Dark Side was more a means to an end than like this religious epiphany.

Obi Wan was more like Elias. He'd get high with you, and he'd babytalk you but his head was in the clouds. He was a crusader. Obi Wan was full of shit.

That made Vader's hesitance more real when he stood outside Endor. He was weighing that win, lose, or draw; his son was more important to him than some politician or some position.

But making Vader some teenybopper in the movies was lame. The TV show tried to smooth it over. But I prefer to recount Vader as some dude wearing OD, leaning up against a tree smoking a red, with a blank, lazy stare, cradling a laser CAR-15 over the bodies of slain foes than some emo kid.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast