Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP MRAD.......need a good mount

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would skip the QD requirement since you have a torque wrench. And since the rifle is a spare for classes, I'm sure you could spare the extra 20 seconds it would take removing the scope and installing the Aimpoint.
    People start out wanting to do shooting as a hobby and it ends up their hobby is actually buying and operating expensive tools. Doesn't make sense when you think about it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Spuhr now has a QD mount.

-----------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    At 500 to 700 yards should I consider 20 moa base with a 100 yard zero on a 5.56 gun?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    With the budget you have set, I would strongly recommend a Bobro. Look here on the EE, or on other pages and purchase one pre-owned. They are QD, and the RTZ is very good. The Spuhr is incredible, but will be way over budget. I have no qualms with the Larue, but the design has been known to gouge the anodizing on the upper, and some report that the RTZ isn't great. I have a Larue, but I don't take it off and on. It is a QD because that's what policy at work dictates. The Bobro is solid kit that checks all the boxes.

If you're really going to go 600-700, I'd look at a 20 Moa base. Doesn't hurt anything. Remember, your round has about 150 ft lbs left at 700 yds. That's a long way to push a .223. :-)
    Last edited by Vegasshooter; 10-10-16 at 14:46.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have the exact optic and I sprung for the factory Bobro mount sold by Vortex. It isn't light, but it's very solid and I have been very happy with it. I would consider looking around for a sale or a used one.

Feedback Score
    Do you all recommend the extended version? I spoke with a fellow shooter who has my scope and shoot nearby, he said get the extended and skip the 20 MOA. In his experience it can dial into 700 without holdovers and the extended version will have a little more flexibility with eye relief.

Currently my stock is in the middle position and I shoot red dots nose to CH, I plan on doing the same with this setup.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I concur with your fellow shooter's suggestion.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I strongly suggest the 20 moa. You can get away without it but it's better with it. It's better to stay in the center of your glass at 700 and one day you just might want to pop 1000 for shits and giggles.

Get the 20!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I switched to Bobro from LaRue, then switched to ADM from Bobro.

So I vote ADM if you simply must have QD.

For a traditional type scope though, I would use a Nightforce Unimount and a torque wrench if it were me.

ADM is good to go for QD though.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bb223 View Post
    I switched to Bobro from LaRue, then switched to ADM from Bobro.

So I vote ADM if you simply must have QD.

For a traditional type scope though, I would use a Nightforce Unimount and a torque wrench if it were me.

ADM is good to go for QD though.
    What makes you prefer the ADM over the Bobro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast