Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (.308)Windham SRC vs Bushmaster 90702 or PTR91

Feedback Score
    I'd buy the ArmaLite, for the money it's hard to beat. Mine came with a pretty decent 2stage adjustable trigger. It has never given me an issue, save one I caused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Had a ptr and it was ok. God awful trigger. Shot good though. I've contemplated getting another one since they added the paddle mag release.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Even though I raised the idea of a FAL, if I was going to get just one, it would be the Armalite, as long as it has the Pmag compatible lower (all of the latest generation do).

308 AR's are superior in every way to the other options - more ergonomic, more accurate, lower recoil, better triggers, and easier to service. Reliability perhaps is the only fault but this is negated by getting a proven brand.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys. My father has it narrowed down to the Windham, DPMS, or Armalite.

I haven't be able to find an ArmaLite with a medium or heavy barrel. Am I missing something?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The $1k armalite def 10 has a lightweight barrel. Windham src has a med wt. Heavyweight look at the large frame dpms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicsmurf View Post

I haven't be able to find an ArmaLite with a medium or heavy barrel. Am I missing something?
    Windham MPC

Feedback Score

(.308)Windham SRC vs Bushmaster 90702 or PTR91

My ArmaLite has a pencil barrel and has been very good. I can do 1.5-2.5 @ 100 yards with bulk ammo. Better if I use good ammo. Just depends on me, really.

If he has to hump that big bastard very far, he'll appreciate a light barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JC5188; 10-18-16 at 14:17.

Feedback Score

I have the Bushmaster orc308 and would gladly take the armalite def10 due to the lighter barrel. For my use the heavy barrel doesn't have much benefit and hiking with it sucks.
    They come over gassed and I had about 10% fte so I made a few inexpensive improvements and it hasn't choked since (~500 rounds mostly Aussie, cavim, port, and s.african with some 168gr prvi, fgmm, and even Chinese steel case). Under 2 moa with fgmm, 2-3 with most others.

Feedback Score
    I'm late to the party, but I bought a Windham Weaponry R18FSFST-308 back in March 2017. There is not much information out there on the FSFST models of the Windham 308 offering. I've shot 150gr fmj, 168gr GMM, 175gr GMM, and 168gr A-Max. It shot all of them pretty well, but it defintiely prefers the 168gr A-Max. I can't claim it's an MOA rifle, becasue I never shot a 10 shot group, but I was able to shoot 3rd and 5rd groups MOA with it. Also, I did install a Geissele SSA-E trigger. That helps out. The rifle is more capable than I at this point.
    As far as reliability goes, I've only used brass cased ammuntion, and so far it is malfunction free. Approximately 250 rounds through it. So take that with a grain of salt. But as far as I am concerned, I got my monies worth with this rifle. The rifle is listed a 8.05lbs and it feels every bit of it, but it is one of the lighter options on the market, and that's with the 18in fluted barrel. I believe the 16in R16FSFST is listed around 7.5lbs.
    Last edited by Infidel1911; 04-10-17 at 09:05.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123