Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: H&K SL8-1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Actually with a decent scope and a threaded barrel with suppressor it might make a good mid range rifle.
    Where I'm from unfortunately no-go on suppressor n sbr's
    will definately get decent scope and maybe a clamp on style brake from Witt machine. Just picked it up today

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

H&K SL8-1

Convert! At the very minimum you should do the G36 magazine conversion. SL8 mags are expensive, hard to find and don't hold 30rds like the G mags do. Magpul makes G mags and they work well. If you can't have SBR's, check out Tommy Built's XM8 conversion. You don't need to cut and weld on a G36 rear stub and the XM8 kit has a better stock. I love this rifle and once you start seeing what's out there, you'll probably want to add things as you go.

Mine started out as a G36E conversion with a Latvian HK(KV) stock. The E model came with a 16.5" barrel and has a bayo lug.

Then decided to SBR it to a G36C. Had the SL8 barrel turned down because a C parts kit or a C front end is damn near impossible to find and extremely expensive... even for HK standards. The op-rod, piston, gas block and hand guard are C specific.

Pictured with it's little cousin:

Lastly, after seeing how the French had their's set up... I had to see what the fuss was about. The 3x Hendsolt carry handle sight system takes a little getting used to but the dual optic would be absolutely perfect for this set up. The IDZ adjustable stock is fantastic.

How it sits now. Removed the carry handle and added a Hendsolt RSA.

Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 10-12-16 at 23:28.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Check Tommy's site, he's "the guy" for conversions.

https://www.tommybuilttactical.com/xm8-project/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    WoooooWow, CN...that is an awesome setup��������

Feedback Score
    Gave her a little cleaning, added a bipod and a cheap scope for now

This will have to satisfy my g36 itch for now.....sorta

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I love the Walther .22LR G36! I don't if you've ever seen one but H&K sells G36 specific bipods that are flush mounted when retracted.

Quote Originally Posted by bm176 View Post
    WoooooWow, CN...that is an awesome setup��������
    I'm not a SME by any stretch but I've had this conversion for about 4yrs now and read on G36s as much as possible. PM me if you want any more info or have questions.
    Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 10-13-16 at 04:37.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    I love the Walther .22LR G36! I don't if you've ever seen one but H&K sells G36 specific bipods that are flush mounted when retracted.

I'm not a SME by any stretch but I've had this conversion for about 4yrs now and read on G36s as much as possible. PM me if you want any more info or have questions.
    Surprised that the walthers top rail/iron sights and HG fits perfect on the sl8.
    Might consider the bipod being original

Thanks

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bm176 View Post
    I have to agree on the funkyness, always liked the looks of grey sl8-1. Might just leave it alone, after seeing it on the HK Grey Room
    You should at least contact somebody like Tommy Bostic about a mag conversion. He's local to me so I've had the chance to see his work, not just on guns, but cars and all kinds of crazy stuff...

https://www.tommybuilttactical.com/
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    You should at least contact somebody like Tommy Bostic about a mag conversion. He's local to me so I've had the chance to see his work, not just on guns, but cars and all kinds of crazy stuff...

https://www.tommybuilttactical.com/
    For what I decided I'm going to use the rifle for I don't need a mag conversion. I'm well aware of the awesome Artisan Tom is, but will consider if I ever seriously dump some serious cash on a full conversion

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I get you BUT the magazine conversion will cost you less in the long run. SL8 mags are not abundantly available(expensive) and you can always use AR mags with the addition of the correct magwell if you do the mod. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast