Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S&W Shield 9mm Durability

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bud's Gun Shop has the Shield 9mm listed for $329 shipped. I ordered one and will put it through it's paces when it arrives.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am at or just slightly above 2000 rounds on my Shield-9 (don't have my log book close by). When I first got the gun the slide stop/release was super tight. After about 500 rounds it has loosened up.

I have not shot it for groups but I can hit 5 inch plates at 21 yards consistently (I am not a great pistol shooter).

The only issues I have had are user induced. I ride the slide stop and prevent lock-back on an empty mag with most of my pistols except my G19 and 1911. This came about when I started using "thumbs forward grip with the purchase of my G19. It is something I am training to remedy. Harder than you think once you have learned the muscle memory...
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I picked up my brand new Shield at the local FFL last night. Notice anything missing?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I picked up my brand new Shield at the local FFL last night. Notice anything missing?
    The magazine.

But I'm assuming there's something else.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The drop safety is missing from the trigger assembly. I contacted S&W Customer Service and the CS representative e-mailed me a Fed Ex shipping label. It is scheduled for pickup today.

I will post updates.
    Last edited by T2C; 10-27-16 at 08:42.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    The drop safety is missing from the trigger assembly.
    That's the special gunslinger version.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Saw that and wondered if it was possibly a new trigger style. Bit scary it got shipped out that way. Lots of folks would not have noticed...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    I have 3897 rounds exactly through my 9Mm. No failures. I am a 37 year concealed carry old guy with the eyes to prove it now. 75% accurate at 25 yards, still deadly within 25 feet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Since my last post about my 9mm Shield, I have put 1K rounds exactly through it over the course of three range sessions inthe last 3 weeks or so. All of them were trouble free with one cleaning between session #2 and #3. Ammo was a mix of cheap range fodder.........Tula, Fed. Aluminum case, Perfecta brass case, and my own handloaded plinking rounds (115 RN xtremes w/4.5 gr of HP-38)

Prior to that (I have owned the pistol since April), I had about 400 trouble free factory rounds through it, and another 200 or so handloads that mostly ran trouble free, with the exception of a small lightly powered batch I made that gave me a few stove pipes.

I am shooting this gun A LOT better now that I have taken it, and only it to the range and practiced with it heavily the last few weeks. It took some getting used to after shooting 1911's (and not that well with those to begin with LOL) my entire adult life.

I briefly considered parting ways with it because of how poorly I shot. I will say, that thought is 100% gone now, it's a keeper. But it's a gun I do feel like I need to shoot a lot to stay proficient with.
    Last edited by ww2farmer; 11-04-16 at 10:57.

Feedback Score
    Great thread. Thanks for the information. I just snagged one of these yesterday so that I beat the Post Hitlary price triple or quadruple. I have a few thousand rounds through the .40 version and love it.

So, can anyone recommend a a good OWB holster??? I live where it's too hot for me to do an IWB. It's only one layer of clothing 9-10 months a year, so I cannot have an IWB and gun on the bare skin. OWB only unless you guys have found something that works with only one shirt worn over.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast