Thread: Taiwanese T91 piston AR is coming to the US market

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch View Post
    Wait, what.

A country actually issues DPMS and RRA?
    Proof not to trust Jordan

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Reminds me of the classic AR-18 /180 that was fielded for military use by there Country for a time. Looks ok to me but I'm not needing one. I do think it looks ok though, now if chopped back and adjustably gas block I'd look harder at one for use suppressed.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks kind of like the Sig 556 rifles. I always wanted one of those rifles but was always afraid of the reliability of them.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Looks kind of like the Sig 556 rifles. I always wanted one of those rifles but was always afraid of the reliability of them.
    Your fear was well placed. I owned several over a period of a couple of years (the first issue, then the "improved" original, and last the side folding version). All had some sort of problem. The first gun was just poorly constructed, and apparently had zero QC. The trigger guard actually fell out of the receiver. The spring that retains the charging handle flew off to parts unknown at the range, etc. The second gun had a severe issue with brass sticking in the chamber. The last case stuck so severely I ruined several cleaning rods beating it out. The final side folder couldn't hold zero. The top rail came loose (not just the screws but the studs). I obviously REALLY wanted to make a go of the Sig556 design, but my uber bad gun luck struck three times.

Feedback Score
    I'm always interested in semi versions of foreign weapons, so this is pretty cool to me. However, if I bought this upper I would also have to put a lower together that resembled the T91's as closely as possible. The furniture isn't available anywhere (to my knowledge) so what should fill the gap?
    XM177 stock?
    I'll have to browse around for a grip of a similar profile.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This looks like it will be fun for lefties without the case deflector. Still looks cool though.

Ive never shot an AR left haned without brass deflector, has anyone? Do you get hit in the face? The youtube video of the gun makes the brass look like its going almost straight back

Heres the shooting vid https://youtu.be/NikwKWwhlfI?t=164
    Last edited by para13cord; 10-17-16 at 13:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I kinda want one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I want that one Kev posted with the carry handle. It looks like a retro VHS "30 minutes into the future" version of the CAR-15. I also want the Chinese character rollmark.

I may or may not take it to the range wearing a Jayne Cobb shirt

I furthermore want that weird Singapore rifle that looks like the Kyke Reese laser.
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I definitely want one, and I hope lowers and complete rifles are coming as well because I want that lower bad! For those who are curious, the lower reads "5.56mm Type 91 Rifle, made in Republic Of China." I don't care for piston ARs (sold my LMT and LWRC uppers years ago) but I will definitely pick up one of these when they become available, got a custom lower ready for an upper lol.

Feedback Score
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NikwKWwhlfI

If you watch this video it shows the piston system being removed. It appears to be totally self-contained and slides out the front like an FAL.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast