Thread: Almost M4 Carbine

Feedback Score

Almost M4 Carbine

Here's my "almost" M4 Carbine.
    Lower:
    - AR Stoner 80% lower
    - ALG ACT Trigger
    - Magpul BAD lever
    - EZ Pull takedown & swivel pins (to get ready for the upcoming bullet button ban in PRCA)
    - Magpul trigger guard
    - BCM tube, spring, & buffer
    - Magpul stock
    - KAC ambi safety selector
    - Ergo grip

Upper
    - High Standard stripped upper (with parts from Brownell's)
    - Cryptic Coatings BCG
    - BCM Charging Handle
    - Aero Precision 14.5" 5.56 CMV barrel
    - VG Gamma 556 EX flash hider
    - BCM Carbine Gas Tube
    - End cap, tube, barrel nut, and delta ring from Brownell's
    - YHM Gas Block/Sight
    - MaTech rear sight
    - Aimpoint PRO red dot
    - Barska GLX Laser

I decided to go with a flip-up front sight rather than the A2 because I find the cowitness distracting. The VG Gamma 556 EX is pinned & welded to avoid the need for an NFA stamp. I colored in the fire control labels with laquer pens. That worked well, once I realized oil was the right way to remove the excess.

There's a hex mag in the photo, but I don't like it as much as the Magpul mags.

So far I love the way it shoots and looks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Forgot to mention the Troy quad rail.

Feedback Score
    Oh and KNS trigger pins

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Can you tell us why you selected certain parts?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Sure:

Stoner lowers: price and the fire control makings were engraved on each side.
    ALG ACT: Good reviews regarding price vs quality. I can vouch for it from experience now.
    BAD Lever: less fiddly-farting around to lock action open on range cold and faster time-to-fire after reload.
    Magpul trigger guard: I like the profile better and the bigger opening is easier for gloves.
    Stock: I like the feel better than mil-spec
    All the BCM parts: they have a good rep online.
    Ergo Grip: I like the way it feels in my hand and the grippyness of it is great if you start sweating.
    Ambi safety: for some reason I like to go safe on the right (index finger) and hot on the left (thumb).
    High Standard Stripped upper: good price, T-markings.
    BCG: had a CC BCG on another gun. Super easy to clean.
    Aero Precision barrel: good reputation which I can now repeat with experience, and I wanted the M4 profile in 14.5"
    Gamma 556 EX hider: it's longer so I'm doubly sure I'm legal (it's pinned & welded), and it does actually improve my time back to target after firing. It blows a LOT of gas out the side, though.
    AimPoint PRO: seemed like a good cost/quality compromise over the Comp M4
    Barska GLX: good brightness, good adjustment (some cheaper lasers I've tried don't adjust enough). I put green lasers on my rifles because in a bad situation, pushing the button on the laser could prevent the need to pull the trigger on the gun.
    Troy Quad rail: looks like KAC and I couldn't find new KAC rails. The used ones I found were pretty beat up.
    KNS pins: recommend on comments on the ALG ACT, and I found they were needed. The old pins were indeed walking.

Feedback Score
    Looks like a solid build! And it sounds like you did your research and knew what you wanted. Great job man.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks!

I took it to the range yesterday and got it dialed in at 100 yards. I need to find a place where I can do that at 25.