Thread: Barrel Profile For Defense and Combat

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch View Post
    I don't think its trivial, and apparently neither does the military (since they've changed barrel profiles repeatedly....light, government and now "SOCOM"). What's the purpose of a forum if not to discuss the object of the forum. What do you consider to be non-trivial?

This is general discussion, and what's wrong with someone asking a question that many of us have considered? If you don't like the question - don't respond. It takes less effort. It's not like the guy asked if his Olympic Arms was as good as his friend's BFH BCM.
    Because, as IG alluded to, this aspect of the rifle is so far down the list of importance it shouldn't even be given bandwidth. How many guys here have ever shot 400 rounds through their AR in thirty minutes or less because of superiority in numbers of the enemy, lack of fire discipline and a shortage of crew served weapons? Is that really a contingency we should be planning for given that anyone in that environment is going to have a government issued rifle anyway?

More to your question - people could be using their time and the valuable resource that is M4C to learn how to become more proficient with their rifle instead of discussing this. Don't misunderstand me as being annoyed or upset or demanding this be stopped. I legit dgaf what people want to talk about on a discussion forum. But I sorely miss when people discussed what their rifles actually did rather than what they looked like.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 10-17-16 at 11:05.