Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on suppressed Grendel SBR build

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Need advice on suppressed Grendel SBR build

I'm collecting parts for a suppressed 6.5 Grendel SBR. Currently have Seekins upper, rail and lower with A5 system. Planning on a 10-12ish inch barrel, Omega awaiting form 3.

What's the recommendation for BCG? Something fairly standard from a known Grendel builder like JP or PF; or go the LMT E-carrier route with Grendel bolt of known quality.

5.56 and 6.5 Grendel pressures are similar, and the LMT EC is recommended heavily here along with the A5 RE. Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    Sionics BCG + Alexander Arms hard use bolt. PF's stuff is really good too, if you order one of Mark's barrels you can get it with a headspaced bolt.

Feedback Score
    Slap me silly and call me Sally but PF?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeek020 View Post
    Slap me silly and call me Sally but PF?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Precision Firearms, they do a lot of Grendel builds and sponsor the Grendel forum.

Feedback Score
    I don't get the idea of a 6.5 Grendel SBR. The Grenedel is a long range cartridge is it not? MV is key to it's success, so why do it in an SBR? Should be accurate as hell though if done right.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    I don't get the idea of a 6.5 Grendel SBR. The Grenedel is a long range cartridge is it not? MV is key to it's success, so why do it in an SBR? Should be accurate as hell though if done right.
    Muzzle velocity isn't as big a deal with the Grendel, it's more about using really high BC projectiles that don't want to stop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by naverno View Post
    Muzzle velocity isn't as big a deal with the Grendel, it's more about using really high BC projectiles that don't want to stop.
    True to an extent. There are many good 6.5 bullets to pick from, but gravity doesn't give a shit about high BC projectiles. They only help buck the wind. You'll have a more arched trajectory, and your come ups for long shots will take a lot of clicks. Not slamming you. I actually like the idea. Just trying to see how it would work. You'll have to create a thread once you start testing the build...
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 10-16-16 at 13:48.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My purpose for this build is a full-time suppressed, maneuverable 0-200yd whitetail/hog hunting rig. I already have a 20" Grendel precision rig (18#), and didn't want to get into another caliber like 6.8 or 300blk. Plus I picked up some Wolf Grendel rounds for fun and it'll make a good truck gun to split time with the 556.

Feedback Score
    I like it! I recently jumped in the Grendel game when I saw I can get 1k rounds of 6.5 G for less than $300. IMO it's a no brainer to try it. I mean it is a phenomenal concept that was really held up by a questionable decision by the owner of the design. Now that Wolf makes it I'm on it like no body's business. Shit I did some Mexican Match loading with some Nosler BT and the results were very good. I'll keep an eye on this thread OP as I've been thinking about making a Grendel SBR for some time now. I'm about to get my Razor and Sandman S back from jail and that is were I'm headed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Sionics carrier is sold out, I am getting a lpk from them though.

I see JP has an "assembly completion group" consisting of bolt assembly, firing pin, cam pin and retainer pin. I would only need a carrier.

For strictly suppressed use in SBR configuration, while using an adjustable gas block, would I benefit from the LMT E-carrier or Gemtech suppressed carrier; or just pick up a decent carrier, such as the sionics and roll with it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast