Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: B&T APC 45 Review

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear the APC didn't work out but glad B&T USA is taking care of you. I'll add an update when I get a chance to shoot mine some more. I can say for sure that mine doesn't have the extractor tension issue yours has.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    From reading this (and knowing how small B&T US is and the amount of travel Tim has to do), I think you received good CS and the full refund to boot.

To date, we have sold a considerable amount of B&T firearms (to include the APC45). We have ZERO issues, complaints or problems. So it is possible you simply got a lemon, though it is odd to me that the gun ran just fine for B&T.

C4
    In retrospect the customer service was excellent. However at the time I saw things differently, but that perspective was colored by disappointment, skepticism, and frustration. Let me put it this way: their CS wasn't what I was expecting, that I think is a fair assessment. It wasn't like calling Springfield or Sig.

Regarding functionality, it stumps everyone all around. I have videos of before I sent it in. Tim sent me a video of them shooting it. Then I have a videos of shooting it right out of the box and the malfunctions I was having after it was returned. Same ammo, same everything. There were only two variables that I can tell, the shooter and how many rounds were in the mags. From the video he sent me, he only fired roughly 15 rounds on camera. I always shot it with full mags. That's not to say he didn't try with fully loaded mags, but I have many videos shooting in various ways, whereas I only saw the one video from Tim.
    Last edited by amd5007; 11-02-16 at 15:14.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dushan View Post
    Thanks for the updates

Sorry your APC45 troubles. I take it you're not going to be getting the APC9?
    Nah, we all know 45 is a man's caliber, and 9mm is a such a wimpy round…

But seriously, it was the 45 that was the selling point. I've wanted a 45 caliber carbine for some time.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I would be very interested to see and read additional reviews from other owners. I too am interested in a 45 platform such as the APC.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I would be very interested to see and read additional reviews from other owners. I too am interested in a 45 platform such as the APC.
    Indeed, me too. Apparently there are a number of them out there based on my discussion with Tim and their sales, but despite that, there really aren't any other detailed end user reviews out there. If people are having success I'd like to know more than anyone.

Feedback Score
    ^
    Same

I can find a lot of reviews on the APC 9, but not so on the .45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I picked up an APC45 a couple weeks ago, Maybe I should do a little review on it so there is some more info out there.

Feedback Score
    ^
    Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by amd5007 View Post
    Indeed, me too. Apparently there are a number of them out there based on my discussion with Tim and their sales, but despite that, there really aren't any other detailed end user reviews out there. If people are having success I'd like to know more than anyone.
    I am interested in a review as well. I actually contacted your friend the day you went out to try the replacement APC out and he was telling me the trouble you were having. Much like you I always wanted a .45 PCC but the UMP's are stupid money and the Vector is ugly. I am sorry to hear you had bad luck but am hoping others have luck. I really want this firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon01 View Post
    I am interested in a review as well. I actually contacted your friend the day you went out to try the replacement APC out and he was telling me the trouble you were having. Much like you I always wanted a .45 PCC but the UMP's are stupid money and the Vector is ugly. I am sorry to hear you had bad luck but am hoping others have luck. I really want this firearm.
    I got mine a week or so ago. Have shot it once so far but am planning to go out and really put it through its paces this coming weekend. What kind of ammo did they recommend or what kind of ammo are people interested in shooting? I picked up some Winchester JHP and a box of Fedeal brass 230gr RN. Will see how it does with those. So far I have made both positive and negative observations but will save those for the write up.
    Last edited by Rotor tuner; 11-16-16 at 13:55.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast