Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rifle length handguard recommendation

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I didn't catch any requirements in terms of rail or attachment preference. It's interesting Scotty, because I was in this exact same spot a couple of weeks ago. I got some pretty good advice also. . I went with SLR, and I could not be happier. However, had I been aware that Centurion would magically show up with some rails available. I would MAY would have waited. So here are some options that were shared with me from WEVO when I was asking the same questions:

This is the rail I bought. It is lightweight, it seem rugged enough. I've heard nothing but good things regarding their parts.
    http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?r...product_id=959

Centurion CMR handguard (A likely replacement had I not gone with SLR)
    https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/701114.htm

Cross Machine & Tool: CMT, Good stuff, highly recommended.
    https://www.cmttac.com/AR10-RAIL

SMOS Rail
    https://www.smosarms.com/collections...nt=10422357063

Good luck, let me know if you have questions about my SLR. I posted pics in the custom build and in the precision semi-auto thread, if you want to see it on an AR. I'm with you, I only have rail covers and a bipod.

RTT
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What specific issues were experienced with the KMR, and did they in your opinion affect accuracy potential or was it a rough use/durability thing? I can explore deflection of various systems, Centurion C4 and PRI vs this KMR. The PRI 16 is likely my most accurate upper but I don't have much time with the newest build.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    What specific issues were experienced with the KMR, and did they in your opinion affect accuracy potential or was it a rough use/durability thing? I can explore deflection of various systems, Centurion C4 and PRI vs this KMR. The PRI 16 is likely my most accurate upper but I don't have much time with the newest build.

With the KMR, I would move the end of the barrel one direction and move the end of the rail in the opposite direction. The rail would not pop back to concentric with the barrel.

I could do this with pressure just from squeezing my hand on these two parts.

I can do this with most brands of rails that pinch a short barrel nut.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I use a 15" Geissele Mk4 on my 18" precision AR, and it seems to be very rugged. Bumped it around a few times in a vehicle and while in the wilderness shooting, and it has maintained its zero the entire time. It's not particularly light weight though.

I sure like the Mega/Hodge Defense Wedgelock design hand guard. Has a long, titanium barrel nut and very rigid lock up system.

NC

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Compared to the KMR, the PRI is much more rigid. I'll probably switch to something else from my current KMR. Geissele has a MK13 coming out but with a different barrel nut. I just may get a railless 15" PRI with a bottom swivel stud for bipod and call it a day. Pretty grumpy about this...

Feedback Score
    I'm a huge fan of the older Daniel Defense Lite rails.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I went PRI 14" without rails. The 15" first ordered wasn't straight and they allowed an exchange down to 14" as my 20" medium varmint is a target crown no muzzle device.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123