Thread: Does cylinder capacity affect trigger travel?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question Does cylinder capacity affect trigger travel?

I've shot revolvers a couple times, but I don't currently own one. I had a quick question about DA trigger pull. Assuming everything else is equal, does cylinder capacity affect the distance you have to pull a DA trigger? For example, would a 7 shot L frame have a shorter DA trigger pull than a 6 shot L frame, which would have a shorter pull than a 5 shot L Frame, or does it not work that way?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Physically, the hand would not have as far to travel, but length of pull depends on more than that, i.e., geometry of parts and force need to actuate them, etc.. So in a worst case the shorter pull could be much harder to pull. Depends on the designers skill in maximizing leverage.

Feedback Score
    Doesn't work that way. The geometry of the hand that rotates the cylinder among other factors. Trigger pull length is the same regardless of a six shot 38 or 10 shot 22 in a smith k frame for example. There is some difference based on frame size with the larger n frame a bit longer than a k or l. I have owned several n ( large) smiths and never could shoot them as well as the smaller k