Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: User Beware: Potential Issue with Magpul LR Sight / Geissele Charging Handle

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

User Beware: Potential Issue with Magpul LR Sight / Geissele Charging Handle

Spent the morning shooting, and I noticed this;

Looking closer, it appears that the ears of the Magpul LR rear sight overhangs the upper's edge, and let's the Geissele Charging Handle lip contact it. The rear sight is undamaged, but the charging handle obviously has some gouges in it.

edited to add: upper receiver is a Colt
    Last edited by TexasAggie2005; 10-24-16 at 08:27.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Are those deep? They look no more significant than the gouging that occurs on the lower receiver from the charging handle.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Why cant you mount the rear sight forward a slot or two

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Are those deep? They look no more significant than the gouging that occurs on the lower receiver from the charging handle.
    Deep enough that aluminum was gouged out, not just anodizing rubbed off.
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel87 View Post
    Why cant you mount the rear sight forward a slot or two

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    I could. I didn't notice the interference before shooting and the damage occurring.

Of course this wouldn't have happened at all if I had used either a standard Pro rear or a mil-spec charging handle.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    So it's more of a beware how you install your rear sight, not a buyer beware?

I'll send you my address and I'll take the Geissele charging handle off your hands, maybe even trade for a milspec one I have laying around?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Not sure why this is a "Buyer Beware" when it seems more like a "User Beware" issue when moving the sight would most likely have solved the issue.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    So it's more of a beware how you install your rear sight, not a buyer beware?

I'll send you my address and I'll take the Geissele charging handle off your hands, maybe even trade for a milspec one I have laying around?
    I guess. Or a "buyer beware, if you use these products in a normal manner, it won't work out well."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Not sure why this is a "Buyer Beware" when it seems more like a "User Beware" issue when moving the sight would most likely have solved the issue.
    Okay. I can't edit title from Tapatalk, or I would.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Funny, not to be argumentative, but I check for things like that when I set my rifles up - sometimes the rear sight gets bumped forward, sometimes it gets taken off due to magnifier use, magnified optic placement, what have you.

The Geissele Super charging handle is awesome IMO, as are Magpul sights.

Feedback Score
    Dunno. Seems like a legit gripe. There's interference while using known good quality parts in a totally normal manner.

I would guess if BG saw this they would probably change their dimensions by a few thou to solve the issue for future production runs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast