Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: User Beware: Potential Issue with Magpul LR Sight / Geissele Charging Handle

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Here are couple more pics.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    lol. Sorry, maybe I came across wrong
    You didn't, my comment was thick with sarcasm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Here are couple more pics.

Thank you for posting the new pics. In you first pics, it looked like the sights were striking the handle lower than it actually is. Now I can clearly see what the problem is. Do you have room to move the rear sight forward by one notch or is there an optic / mount in the way?
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Thank you for posting the new pics. In you first pics, it looked like the sights were striking the handle lower than it actually is. Now I can clearly see what the problem is. Do you have room to move the rear sight forward by one notch or is there an optic / mount in the way?
    No problem. I could move the sight forwards a notch, but it's already zeroed and I don't want to mess with it.

I'm just going to dremal out the gouges to smooth them up, put something on to protect the bare aluminum, and roll with it as is. The use and action of either part is not being impaired, so I'm just going to chalk this up to a lesson learned the hard way.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You said 'something' to protect the bare aluminum.

This works pretty good for me - https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Refin...-Touch-Up.aspx

Unfortunately, they don't sell it in gallons for the dexterously impaired individual such as myself.

Most local gun stores carry it.

Anybody use something else?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    You said 'something' to protect the bare aluminum.

This works pretty good for me - https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Refin...-Touch-Up.aspx

Unfortunately, they don't sell it in gallons for the dexterously impaired individual such as myself.

Most local gun stores carry it.

Anybody use something else?
    Thanks, I think a buddy has a container of that.

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    lol. Sorry, maybe I came across wrong - I certainly don't believe that components should be limited to milspec parts. I just find it funny when people put aftermarket non-milspec parts (regardless of their quality) and then complain that they conflict with other non-milspec parts. We've gotten so used to plug-and-play and a market flooded with quality aftermarket parts that we've forgetten that milspec is the golden standard for a reason - it was designed for reliability and compatibility. Deviate from it and you're not guaranteed it will work with your other components. That was all my comment was meant to imply.

I'm surprised that the top of the Geissele charging handle protrudes that high above the base of the receiver.
    Yeah the very thing that got damaged from sticking up so high is also very helpful when shooting to help keep gas out of the face. The Geissele is the best of the BCM Gunfighter and the AXTS Raptor mixed in one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No problem. I could move the sight forwards a notch, but it's already zeroed and I don't want to mess with it.

I'm just going to dremal out the gouges to smooth them up, put something on to protect the bare aluminum, and roll with it as is. The use and action of either part is not being impaired, so I'm just going to chalk this up to a lesson learned the hard way.
    That's a good solution. Hopefully the shift is minimal. As for the gouges, as 26 Inf mentioned; Alumablack or you could just get a black Sharpie and touch it up that way.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Not sure why this is a "Buyer Beware" when it seems more like a "User Beware" issue when moving the sight would most likely have solved the issue.
    It happens with multiple brands of offset sights where they can make contact. It is just how it is unless you want to move them forward, which may or may not be an issue depending on equipment issues and user preference.

I had offset sights on a few weapons, that eventually got to feel they were just about the most useless thing on the weapon, so I pulled them. I'll happily point out that is my own personal experience, and that everyone else out there is going to have their own uses and needs. Currently, I have no legit use or need.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

Zero would be effected very little....move it forward a notch, touch up the handle and get back to shootin!
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast