Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: User Beware: Potential Issue with Magpul LR Sight / Geissele Charging Handle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BFS View Post
    Dunno. Seems like a legit gripe. There's interference while using known good quality parts in a totally normal manner.

I would guess if BG saw this they would probably change their dimensions by a few thou to solve the issue for future production runs.
    There are tons of things that won't just "plug and play" with every possible config. IMO, its incumbent on the user to ensure the recipe they use will work.

The charging handle was engineered to work with the rifle and its dimensions, and it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's good information because it reminds us to double inspect. Before reading the post, I would have assumed that the event would not have happened.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Can you take a pic of the sight overhang from the side view with the CH pulled out?
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Can you take a pic of the sight overhang from the side view with the CH pulled out?
    Yeah, I'll take one tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    IMO, the Magpul sight is the problem. If I'm looking at the right model, there's just way too much unnecessary bulk/material around the aperture. You'd probably have the same issue with any gas sealing CH (Armageddon Tactical, etc) that has a lip hanging over the receiver.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is what happens when you deviate from milspec.

A milspec charging handle has dimensions that preclude this from happening.

Nothing wrong with Geissele, nothing wrong with Magpul; but, when you deviate from milspec, it is no longer guaranteed plug and play.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    With so many brands and variations of a given accessory / upgrade part, compatability is never a given. It’s not a quality or design issue, it’s simply that not every version / variant of every part will fit under / over / alongside everything else.

Edit: not that it's never a quality or design issue..... there is much out there that comes up short in one or both of those. I don't see that being the case here, though.

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    This is what happens when you deviate from milspec.

A milspec charging handle has dimensions that preclude this from happening.

Nothing wrong with Geissele, nothing wrong with Magpul; but, when you deviate from milspec, it is no longer guaranteed plug and play.
    Yeah but milspec charging handles suck, as do lots of other "mil spec" parts now compared to other options. But this is a good reminder to check check and double check.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    Oh the HORROR of straying from the milspec life!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Oh the HORROR of straying from the milspec life!
    lol. Sorry, maybe I came across wrong - I certainly don't believe that components should be limited to milspec parts. I just find it funny when people put aftermarket non-milspec parts (regardless of their quality) and then complain that they conflict with other non-milspec parts. We've gotten so used to plug-and-play and a market flooded with quality aftermarket parts that we've forgetten that milspec is the golden standard for a reason - it was designed for reliability and compatibility. Deviate from it and you're not guaranteed it will work with your other components. That was all my comment was meant to imply.

I'm surprised that the top of the Geissele charging handle protrudes that high above the base of the receiver.
    Last edited by Skyyr; 10-22-16 at 11:02.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast