Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MEGA ARMS / Hodge Defense Systems Wedge Lock rail, gas-block and MLOK compatibility

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    Anyone know if the Wedge Lock would clear a KAC Mod 2 gas system?
    Right there with you, I was gonna buy a mod 2 upper from jwknutson17 I was greatful he already had the skinny on the details and did the hard work. Would be cool though, I don't really care for the URX 4 but love everything else about the mod 2 gas system and E3 CHF properly ported barrel.

Slow progress on my build/s but I went decided to do both 11.5"/10.75" and 12.5"/11.5" barrel rail combos. Sold the 9.3" MEGA rail.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Right there with you, I was gonna buy a mod 2 upper from jwknutson17 I was greatful he already had the skinny on the details and did the hard work. Would be cool though, I don't really care for the URX 4 but love everything else about the mod 2 gas system and E3 CHF properly ported barrel.

Slow progress on my build/s but I went decided to do both 11.5"/10.75" and 12.5"/11.5" barrel rail combos. Sold the 9.3" MEGA rail.
    It would have been awesome if it worked out. I ended up building 3 of the hodge wedgelock uppers. 2 12.5 Centurion barred ones and then a cut down build. Ended up just selling one of the 12.5s off as we all know these things add up. Still one of my favorites and one of the best shooters.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 07-06-17 at 15:57.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I just finished a 12.5 with the hodge barrel but haven't had a chance to shoot it.

I had planned on swapping my mod 2 into a mur upper with geissele rail I got for cheap but thought it would be cool to use the same rail on both builds.

Oh well, it's cheaper to use the geis anyway and not like it's a bad rail...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Are there any updates in comparing the Hodge rail to the V7?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    Are there any updates in comparing the Hodge rail to the V7?
    What are you trying to compare it to? They seem to be somewhat dissimilar; the WedgeLock seems much beefier in construction, while the Enlightened is more svelt. The WedgeLock seems to be more rigid in its interfacing with the barrel nut, though my WedgeLock is a 10.75" while my Enlightened is a 13.5", so there might be some variables there.

The WedgeLock, to me, is what you want if weight is a minor concern, while the Enlightened is a good balance of weight and durability/rigidity.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 07-10-17 at 22:38.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Bumping this up for confirmation that the 12" length is really 12.625".

Any vendors that have the M-lok version in stock.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sacamano View Post
    Bumping this up for confirmation that the 12" length is really 12.625".

Any vendors that have the M-lok version in stock.
    That is correct of the Mega rail. It is rifle length. I think GandRTactical has them!?

Link:
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...rchResult.html
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 08-16-17 at 19:19.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When you say the SLR sentry 7 wont fit do you mean you cant attach anything in that area or it just plain doesnt fit.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryu_sekai View Post
    When you say the SLR sentry 7 wont fit do you mean you cant attach anything in that area or it just plain doesnt fit.
    The screw holding the adjustable guts inside the gas block will make contact with the inside of the rail under recoil.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456