Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a duty (LEO) 1-4 scope

Feedback Score

Looking for a duty (LEO) 1-4 scope

So I've read tons of reviews, articles, and watched lots of videos. I've narrowed my search down to either the Nightforce 1-4 or the Meopta ZD 1-4. Which one would YOU choose and why?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Nightforce 1-4x. I like the FC-3G reticle. It's very rugged/durable and fairly compact. Made in USA. Your LEO buddies will be fist bumping you for it.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Get the Nightforce with the FC-3G. For the already stated reasons. Put it in a Nightforce Uni-Mount. Enjoy good glass, a useful reticle, very forgiving eye box, and extreme durability.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Meopta ZD, hands down.

I have both scopes, the Meopta has "daylight bright" illumination and is, at least equally rugged to the NF.
    I also prefer their minimalist reticle.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Can't speak for the Nightforce, but I have the Meopta ZD and Steiner P4xi. Both are daylight bright, uncluttered reticle, I would the edge to Meopta on glass clarity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Nightforce, but also take a look at the Trijicon Accupower 1-4X, as well as the Steiner M5Xi.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    I have the NF1-4, I prefer the FC2, I've also used the FC3G which is fine.
    I also have the Steiner P4XI, love it glass is very nice daytime bright.
    I've also had the MEOPTA ZD also a nice daytime bright scope.

You can't go wrong with any of them. But for the features and price you can't beat the Steiner.
    Get from DSG arms with LEO discount.

I use them or have used them on duty/SWAT.
    Last edited by cop1211; 10-23-16 at 17:43.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help. I called nightforce. They were 3 months out. Meopta was 60 days behind. So I searched for the steiners. Botach had the 1-4 with throw lever for 479. No tax. So I ordered it today. I have to say the guy at nightforce really tried to get me fixed up. Great guy and company. I will get a nightforce soon. But I have a midrange carbine class coming up with Frank Proctor so I couldn't wait. Can't wait to get the Steiner and try it out. Thanks again!

Feedback Score
    Please update us with your impressions. It's on my list of wants.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millerranch View Post
    Thanks for the help. I called nightforce. They were 3 months out. Meopta was 60 days behind. So I searched for the steiners. Botach had the 1-4 with throw lever for 479. No tax. So I ordered it today. I have to say the guy at nightforce really tried to get me fixed up. Great guy and company. I will get a nightforce soon. But I have a midrange carbine class coming up with Frank Proctor so I couldn't wait. Can't wait to get the Steiner and try it out. Thanks again!
    Yes, keep us updated. I have ordered from Botach and while I did eventually get the product, it was a few weeks and a convoluted handling and tracking route.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast