Thread: Does anyone make this barrel anymore?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Does anyone make this barrel anymore?

Specifically a true pencil profile (meaning .625 at the front sight) 14.5" carbine gas, chrome lined, 1:7 twist, and set up to accommodate a fixed FSB? Basically what you'd find on a Colt 723.

BCM used to produce such a barrel up until like 2013 or so but they seem to have discontinued them, I'm assuming they must not have been big sellers or BCM would still be making them.
    Daniel Defense makes a lightweight 14.5 carbine barrel, (I already have one) however it's .750 at the gas block.

I'd like to get a couple such barrels at some point for some retro builds but nobody seems to make any to those specs anymore. Are they out there somewhere?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Last edited by Firefly; 10-23-16 at 18:43.
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Unfortunately Brownells' are 1:12. The profile looks correct but even on a "retro" I prefer the versatility of a 1:7.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Unfortunately Brownells' are 1:12. The profile looks correct but even on a "retro" I prefer the versatility of a 1:7.

They have a 1:7 one. It just is sold out. Sometimes they do a run. Drop them an email. Worst they can say is no.

Or you could getva 6720 barrel and pop an A1 FSB on it.
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    You might try Green Mountain.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    They have a 1:7 one. It just is sold out. Sometimes they do a run. Drop them an email. Worst they can say is no.

Or you could getva 6720 barrel and pop an A1 FSB on it.

The 1:7 barrel they have listed is a 20", although to be honest I wouldn't mind a 1:7 pencil profile 20" barrel either. Emailing them about some 1:7 14.7" barrels might be worth it though.

I think 6720 barrels already have a "Non F" FSB on them so for a retro build I wouldn't really need to do anything with the front sight, I'd just need to have it cut down, that might be the most feasible option.

Quote Originally Posted by TexGuy View Post
    You might try Green Mountain.
    They don't have quite what I'm after. My guess is that what I want isn't a particularly sought after item because it's NFA unless you perm a muzzle device, and most people who are doing that with carbine gas barrels want the M4 look.