Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: States with restricted magazine capacity question

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Incorrect. Many mags are still date coded, USGI mags and Magpul PMAG's come to mind right off the bat.
    Lancer mags are also date coded.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MWT View Post
    Lancer mags are also date coded.
    Hex mags are date stamped as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No such thing as pre-ban anything in NJ. If it doesn't comply there is no grandfathering. The one good thing about 15 round mags: you get to practice your reloads more.

If that bitch pushes through another ban, I doubt they will make the same mistakes they made in '94. There will be no grandfathering or sunset this time. With the SCOTUS changes, there will be no challenge to it for 30+ years either.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sed View Post
    Hex mags are date stamped as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    All the Brownells I've picked up have had date codes. Most recent are some 20 rounders dated 3/16.

To the OP, I've wondered this too though, because I found a box of new in wrapper USGIs dated 86 and as a prior NYer thought that sending them to those behind enemy lines would be worthwhile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamcrusher8307 View Post
    All the Brownells I've picked up have had date codes. Most recent are some 20 rounders dated 3/16.

To the OP, I've wondered this too though, because I found a box of new in wrapper USGIs dated 86 and as a prior NYer thought that sending them to those behind enemy lines would be worthwhile.
    I was pretty sure the answer is no, there is not a way to do this legally. but NY and MA those two i couldn't find a definitive. I suspect the SAFE act ended any legal way to acquire new "pre ban" mages for NY, but I am still not clear on MA. Be a little surprised if there was a legal way for someone to acquire "pre ban" mags, but if there was I am willing to give them first shot.

even if we don't find an answer, I appreciate everyone's taking a peek at the thread.

as for future Federal Bans. as long as one house stays about the same as it is now, odds are pretty slim a ban will pass. expansion of background checks maybe, but not bans. if both houses flip...all bets are off and we are sure to see a ban. BUT confiscation via the fed just won't happen at this time. it will be some variation of the 94 ban. maybe something more like California were it was semi auto + pistol grip + 1 other feature = ban, but you can keep...just not sell, trade, put in will etc.

again, thank you all for your time.
    Last edited by 1859sharps; 10-25-16 at 20:19.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123