I currently have 2 ARs. 9.5" 300blk SBR and an 18" 5.56. In looking to sell my 18" to fund a "duty grade" upper/ rifle from SOLGW. I'm torn between 14.5 and 16. My plan is to buy a complete upper, vortex viper pst 1-4x24 with ADM QD mount, geissele SD-C trigger and build it on my bushmaster stripped lower (the SBR) and for now pick up a SOLGW stripped lower to start building on over time (I would then have a 300blk SBR and a complete 5.56) since I'm not sure the sale of my 18" will completely fund this build. I might possibly build another upper after the lower is finished so that I would basically have two 5.56 rifles plus a supressed 300blk upper, but I don't want to count on the possibility of building a second 5.56 upper. As I said I already have a lower registered as an SBR so easy enough for the 14.5 . I'm looking to hear some preferences and why from those who know, so that I may make an educated decision on which will work better for me. I'm not mil, le or a competition shooter, Im just a civilian with a "what if" state of mind, and wanna have a rifle or 2 that I can rely on to drag thru hell and protect my family if it should become necessary.