Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KAK Industries Pistol Brace

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

KAK Industries Pistol Brace

Have you used one and how do you like it?
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    I've got one sitting on my desk, waiting for my upper/lower to come in. I hope they are good to go! I like the look way better than the sig brace.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Aesthetically, and in my opinion, I think the KAK blade is the best looking AR pistol "brace" on the market. I think the SIG brace is the worst looking. The Thorsden with the CAA kit on it is in between for me, looks wise, like a chopped SOPMOD. I've had a blade and, of course, it works fine. Whatever everybody does with these, they do, I don't care. If you're using these as a forearm brace, the SIG is probably the best for that, but I don't shoot AR pistol that way. If you're using these as a cheek weld brace, as I do, I find the Thordsen with CAA kit to be much more comfortable for that than the blade.

I like the way the blade looks better, so I switched from the Thordsen to the blade. After using the blade, and there's nothing wrong with it, I switched back to the Thordsen for its greater comfort in the cheek weld.

Ever since I got two lowers stamped as SBRs, I only keep my AR pistol for travel considerations in the event that I don't have time to get a .20 approved and back from the ATF in time. But that pistol wears the Thordsen kit.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have tried the Sig and KAK brace, as well as the Thorsden, and I personally prefer the latter. I currently have a KAK, and I prefer it to the sig brace simply because it is smaller and works better with the LAW folder I have. I am submitting the paperwork for the lower, and am mostly using the brace as a stand in while I work up loads and check for function before sending off for the stamp.

If you were going to use one long-term (ie. not planning on making an SBR), the Thorsden would be my favorite. The cheek rest is superior, and in the way I used it it worked the best for recoil control and stability.

Feedback Score
    I have tried all three and prefer the KAK.
    Prime motivators are the aesthetics, solid nature of the KAK over the SIG and the KAK being more skinny than the portly SIG with a folder (as noted previously). My Thorsden never felt complete but YMMMV.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm starting a pistol build which I will SBR in the near future. I've been looking at the KAK Shockwave and it looks better than any of the other options IMO but the one thing I'm worried about is quality. Google found a video where a youtuber points out some machining issues. Anyone else experience this?
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I shot a pistol with one a couple of weeks ago. Liked it so much I am in the process of building my first AR pistol.
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    I'm starting a pistol build which I will SBR in the near future. I've been looking at the KAK Shockwave and it looks better than any of the other options IMO but the one thing I'm worried about is quality. Google found a video where a youtuber points out some machining issues. Anyone else experience this?
    My assumption is this issue references the receiver threading, which is the main metal machining on a KAK setup.
    My sample size of two personally owned and those of several buddies indicate no serious machining issues. Zero reliability issues that have any relationship to the buffer tube.

Brownells has KAK tubes for under $20 each... Order more one spare if you are worried and then return to Brownells under their ridiculously good policy if that is an acute concern.

You will be replacing the KAK tube when you get the tax stamp back. I think the KAK machining is on par than most carbine buffer tube kits you will buy.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGREID View Post
    I shot a pistol with one a couple of weeks ago. Liked it so much I am in the process of building my first AR pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    My assumption is this issue references the receiver threading, which is the main metal machining on a KAK setup.
    My sample size of two personally owned and those of several buddies indicate no serious machining issues. Zero reliability issues that have any relationship to the buffer tube.

Brownells has KAK tubes for under $20 each... Order more one spare if you are worried and then return to Brownells under their ridiculously good policy if that is an acute concern.

You will be replacing the KAK tube when you get the tax stamp back. I think the KAK machining is on par than most carbine buffer tube kits you will buy.
    Thank you for the replies! I'm going to give it a try.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quick update. My KAK Blade Kit arrived Friday and I installed it on my lower. It looks and feels great. I still need a barrel and handguard so it will be a while before I can put it through it's paces. Stay tuned........
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast