Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: PRC-148 Radio, First Impressions and Initial Setup, and Follow on Setup on Chest Rig

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    At 49 seconds, the wind noise obscured your comment about battery life. How long had it been running on that current charge?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

I think this is an excellent commercial for the radio.
    "Everyone who wants to hate in his radio bleep them, it's a lifesaver."
    Cool video Euro. Is it ok to share this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I *think* he said the entire time he's had it.

Just a point of reference. The battery holds almost the equivalent juice of a small motorcycle battery or a UPC battery.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    At 49 seconds, the wind noise obscured your comment about battery life. How long had it been running on that current charge?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Feel free to share.

Literally the entire time I've had it, which is almost a full year. It was delivered to my house Sept 26, 2016 and I lost the charger shortly thereafter. I just got a new one this very afternoon and recharged it, but it was still going along fine at ~30%. The timeline sounds almost made up, but it isn't. Absolutely incredible.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Thanks Euro.

It really is one helluva engineering process or perhaps maybe put- One helluva reverse engineering that they really did nail. I've used my radio, monitoring mostly, and while my charge time isn't quite like yours, I know it hasn't seen a charger this side of January.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Feel free to share.

Literally the entire time I've had it, which is almost a full year. It was delivered to my house Sept 26, 2016 and I lost the charger shortly thereafter. I just got a new one this very afternoon and recharged it, but it was still going along fine at ~30%. The timeline sounds almost made up, but it isn't. Absolutely incredible.
    Thank you. I decided to find time to start studying for my FCC license (again) and was debating a pair of these.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Dew it. I was considering picking up an XTS-5000 but I'm heavily leaning toward getting another 148 after Eurodriver has thoroughly trashed his.

Thank you. I decided to find time to start studying for my FCC license (again) and was debating a pair of these.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Oddly enough my 148 battery took a shit this evening. I'm still not sure what happened. I was programming channels in my radio and it died despite a full battery. It never turned back on.

I had a backup battery case Outlander gave me as a gift that ran on CR123s. I filled it up with 12 of them and the radio works fine. It also works fine on the charger. Unsure exactly what happened but I've ordered another battery.

The timing and easy handling it was experiencing when it shut off makes me nervous it may be the new charger damaging the battery but I'm not sure. We'll see in a week or so.

It's hard for me to really fault this radio given the abuse I've put it through so far, but I've had to drop some coin in this for a new mic ($50) and now a surplus battery ($37)

I've got videos of me literally jumping on it in the mud. I've shot at it. Submerged it many times. Yet gets 9.7 watts PEP and still keeps chuggingwhich is incredible for a handheld. The battery life is listed at 1.2 hours of Tx (at 10w!) 1.2 hours of Rx *and* 9.6 hours of standby.

OS what's that new 152 that just came out?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast