Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: PRC-148 Radio, First Impressions and Initial Setup, and Follow on Setup on Chest Rig

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post
    Got the U94 today, went on absolutely no issues.

Great news turnkey!!
    Interesting day when the Chinese stuff is in spec and the "other" isn't. Lol. Just interesting is all I'm sayin'.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Good to hear. I had a feeling it was the female end that was giving you issues.
    Story of my life.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Great news turnkey!!
    Interesting day when the Chinese stuff is in spec and the "other" isn't. Lol. Just interesting is all I'm sayin'.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My thoughts as well. Any idea if the connector can be modified or rebuilt to work on the peltor ptt? Id like to see a schematic at least before blindly taking a wrench to it.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I would see if you can get access to an alternate PTT.

I had a dual kit for a while and both PTTs worked. When I ditched that for a single, it worked as well. All Peltor PTTs in the above scenario. No problems whatsoever.

My thoughts as well. Any idea if the connector can be modified or rebuilt to work on the peltor ptt? Id like to see a schematic at least before blindly taking a wrench to it.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I sent my Liberator II's into TCI and they replaced the lead cable and coil assembly 17-inw/AP-176 connector. Best part they only charged me for the parts and they ran full diagnostics on it and cleaned it up for me. I told them that I wasn't the original user/owner. One reason I will probably stick with them in the future. They got bought out by SafariLand, but the repairs and whatnot still happen in the TCI shop and once you get past the Safariland first line, you're speaking straight to TCI peeps.

I think Peltor has as good reputation. I'd contact them regardless of whether you are original owner.
    Worst case scenario you buy the DIN connector and get a pinout for it and install it yourself. I can contribute some heat shrink.
    Or if you aren't a commodawg, we probably have someone on the forum who could fix that for you. Right Outlander?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Damn right. I can run a solder gun like a mother****ing BOSS.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    RE: The 152

The clone 152 actually came out before the clone 148.

The 148 clones absolutely blow the 152s out of the water. The 152s use a proprietary battery, and the 148s are compatible with the gargantuan Thales batteries and CR123A adapters. If I'm not mistaken, there's a DC 12v adapter floating around out there as well.

The 152 also requires extensive modifications to run with the .mil headsets.
    Wish I had seen your comment before spending my money.
    What mods do I need to make?
    or would you suggest dumping the 152 and waiting for a 148 to show up on ebay?
    Winning may not be everything, but the endorsements are better.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    IIRC, there's an impedence mis-match between the 152 and the dynamic mics on the .mil headsets.

There's a fix, that doesn't involve cracking open the radio:

https://shop.jkarmy.com/tri-ae-adapter-cable.html

Is the 148 better? Yes.

Does the 152 blow most of the amateur radio gear out of the water? Pretty much. The 152 is built for doing something other than sitting in a recliner.

Quote Originally Posted by SOWT View Post
    Wish I had seen your comment before spending my money.
    What mods do I need to make?
    or would you suggest dumping the 152 and waiting for a 148 to show up on ebay?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just curious, why are you guys running the Thales 1m blade antenna on this radio? Its a 30-90MHz antenna which is outside the frequency range of the TRI PRC-148.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    @HOOT

I, personally, was not. TRI makes a dual-band whip for 2m/440.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast