Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCAR Questions - Necessity of Upgrades?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

SCAR Questions - Necessity of Upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by ranger56528 View Post
    Sight,sling,light,Grip pod and a Lantac Dragon MB is all I did to my 17S,perfectly happy with it,didn't need to change the muzzle brake but I like the looks of the Dragon.
    How do you like the Lantac compared to the PWS? Did you notice any reduction in recoil impulse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nightstalker865; 10-30-16 at 18:23.

Feedback Score
    I sold mine off.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 10-28-16 at 19:32.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No accessories are absolutely necessary, but most scar 17 owners will say if it had to be one it would be the G trigger. Aside from that a KDG rail is a great upgrade over the stock setup. Really changes the feel of the rifle for the better. I would leave the stock alone. As said before, FN designed it that way for a reason. I bought a used 17s that came with the KDG stock and I sold it to get the OEM stock back. It may be a bit ugly, but it's a good example of form over function. I find it very comfortable.

As far as the Handl lower. When I got my Scar 17 I had a boat load of pmags and some KAC mags. So I got a Handl lower so I could use those. Worked OK with the KAC mags, but pmags were a crap shoot. I realized it was stupid to deviate from the original design which was very throughly tested for mag convenience. As far as I know, there are zero reported issues with the OEM lower. The FN mags are everywhere and reliable as said before. I have since switched back to the OEM setup. The Handl lowers are 6oz heavier as well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Geisselle trigger is 243$ now.

The Geissele trigger was a must for me. I never even shot it with out. I dry fired the stock one it was an avaerage milspec trigger.

Primary arms often has all Geissele products 25% off. Right now is one of those times. The trigger is only 243$ right now. I never by geissele products now other than through those sales.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Geisselle trigger is 243$ now.

The Geissele trigger was a must for me. I never even shot it with out. I dry fired the stock one it was an avaerage milspec trigger.

Primary arms often has all Geissele products 25% off. Right now is one of those times. The trigger is only 243$ right now. I never by geissele products now other than through those sales.
    WOW the Super Scar really came down.

Feedback Score
    The SCAR17s is an amazing rifle, but man did you get into them at the wrong time.

No-brainer upgrades:

SuperScar trigger: The OEM trigger is usually fine, but the Geissele is really nice if you can justify it.
    1-6 or 1-8 optic: Pick something quality, the SCAR has a reputation for eating cheap optics. A 1-6 or 8 makes excellent use of the gun's versatility.
    Extended charging handle: I like the GG&G version myself. It's a necessary part for avoiding optics mounts when charging the gun.
    Extended handguard: The SCAR is a little short on the handguard. An extended model gives you room to stretch out and add a light, laser, etc. I'm leaning toward the KDG MLOK 4" version, but MI makes a good one too.

I considered switching to a Magpul compatible lower, but just ended up getting some cheap plastic SCAR mags for range use, and stocked up on OEM mags for a rainy day. Much cheaper that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12