Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Loss of suppression in AAC SPR M4?

Feedback Score

Loss of suppression in AAC SPR M4?

Well anyone who knows me knows that I am very hard of hearing. So for me to notice that my can is apparently getting louder, W T Heck is with this? My guess is carbon build up therefore less volume. But I really don't know SHI _!

Edit to add: Round count is approximately 12 K across 18", 14.5", 12" & 11.5" barrels. The majority of which were on the SBR's.

Comments of value please ��
    Last edited by 308sako; 10-26-16 at 20:46.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Its possible that the baffles have eroded...generally suppressors dont have much buildup unless you are shooting lead bulkets. I suppose lead exposed base bullets could cause some build up. Contact AAC, let us know how that goes

Feedback Score
    Not too many of the lead based bullets, baffles "appear" decent with some minor erosion of the blast, or first baffle.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote from AAC. "Our user-serviceable silencers, which include all of our current rimfire silencers and the Ti-RANT series of pistol silencers, have the ability to be taken apart and serviced by the end user. A take-apart silencer that is maintained in accordance with the owner’s manual will last a lifetime. Our rifle silencers feature fully welded cores and are constructed using advanced metals to aid in the durability. We have tested silencers in excess of 30,000 rounds that have had no noticeable degradation in overall sound quality. With all silencers, lifespan is determined by several factors, including caliber, barrel length, muzzle device, and firing schedule, so there is no definitive answer regarding lifespan. Your silencer will typically outlast several barrels on your host firearms"

Feedback Score
    Is there any chance that the OP could weigh that can on a good scale?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Is there any chance that the OP could weigh that can on a good scale?
    Yes there is and I will post that tomorrow.

EDIT: Websearch shows that the SPR M4 specification for weight is 18 ounces. Current weight of the can is OMG = 26 ounces!

DSCN4736.jpg
    Last edited by 308sako; 10-28-16 at 15:18. Reason: Add pic and spec weight

Feedback Score
    Now attempting to see if carbon removal is an in home option.

Edit post conversation with AAC (tech Johnson) The simple answer is no, but the recore & refinish is FREE yippie.
    Last edited by 308sako; 10-28-16 at 15:59. Reason: AAC info

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    That is good to hear. Can you jump back on if you end up sending it in and post your impressions of the sound difference, as well as how long it takes to get it back?

Feedback Score
    Yes I will go forward with this, and the anticipated time is normally 1 - 3 weeks, but due to hunting season I was told expect 2 - 4 weeks. There will be a time lapse as the verification and security issues for shipping will take some time.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    That's good to hear their wait time is down. There were some horror stories about 6+ months waiting for a can to come back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast