Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loss of suppression in AAC SPR M4?

Feedback Score
    308 sako do you know about what the round count was on this can?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoileau24 View Post
    308 sako do you know about what the round count was on this can?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Very close to 16,000. My Logs show 15,700 and I assume I miss counted a few. This was use across several different barrels.
    Last edited by 308sako; 10-28-16 at 18:08.

Feedback Score
    UPDATE: AAC service has inspected the SPR-M4 and issued a death certificate! Communication and response time were excellent and I give their CS department a 100% + rating.

2 engineers examined the tube and felt that welds would not hold after a re-coring. On the bright side if there is one to this, AAC is offering Full retail value of my original silencer against anything in their current product line as the SPR-M4 has been discontinued. Or if I can find my receipt cash refund. The down side to this is of course the loss of time while waiting for yet another stamp to clear. I can only hope the Safe Hearing Act will pass like on January 21st, 2017 (LOL)

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    UPDATE: AAC service has inspected the SPR-M4 and issued a death certificate! Communication and response time were excellent and I give their CS department a 100% + rating.

2 engineers examined the tube and felt that welds would not hold after a re-coring. On the bright side if there is one to this, AAC is offering Full retail value of my original silencer against anything in their current product line as the SPR-M4 has been discontinued. Or if I can find my receipt cash refund. The down side to this is of course the loss of time while waiting for yet another stamp to clear. I can only hope the Safe Hearing Act will pass like on January 21st, 2017 (LOL)
    Good to hear they are taking care of you. What's your plan with that can now? Would like to see a cut away of it. But you probably have no plans to cut it in half. Or you can go for your original plan of trying to clean it with solivants and ultrasonic cleaner.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Good to hear they are taking care of you. What's your plan with that can now? Would like to see a cut away of it. But you probably have no plans to cut it in half. Or you can go for your original plan of trying to clean it with solivants and ultrasonic cleaner.
    In order for AC to allow my warranty claim they have to destroy the can so the fun of an autopsy will unfortunately not be possible. I really do agree that it is sad not to see what went on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very interesting thread actually. I have an SPR-M4 and it's one of my favorite cans. I purchased a bunch of the rare Brake mounts for it to try to offset baffle wear in it, but I probably won't have to worry too much about it. I don't shoot it nearly as much as you did yours.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
    Very interesting thread actually. I have an SPR-M4 and it's one of my favorite cans. I purchased a bunch of the rare Brake mounts for it to try to offset baffle wear in it, but I probably won't have to worry too much about it. I don't shoot it nearly as much as you did yours.
    I am glad to be of service, and now to sell the two mounts I will never have any use for :-(

Feedback Score
    i"ll never understand why guys "think" that they want to put lots of rds thru a can? For most practice, just use hearing protection and leave the can off of the rifle. 16k rds is just 1-2 years of shooting for an active rifleman.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgjason View Post
    Its possible that the baffles have eroded...generally suppressors dont have much buildup unless you are shooting lead bulkets. I suppose lead exposed base bullets could cause some build up. Contact AAC, let us know how that goes
    My Surefire 556-212 that barely has any rounds through it is around 17oz. My 556-212 with around 4-5K through it weighs 20.3oz.

This is one reason I love Surefire. The suppressors can be re-cored, no problem, so long as the main-tube is not damaged.

That said, OP, I would have soaked the can in CLR. CLR will remove a TON of crap. Maybe even do ultrasonic cleaning in a CLR bath. That said, this ship has sailed, I think. I will have to post a before/after weight with the ultrasonic CLR myself. Expect a thread sometime before the end of the year.
    Last edited by WS6; 11-18-16 at 19:27.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    My Surefire 556-212 that barely has any rounds through it is around 17oz. My 556-212 with around 4-5K through it weighs 20.3oz.

This is one reason I love Surefire. The suppressors can be re-cored, no problem, so long as the main-tube is not damaged.

That said, OP, I would have soaked the can in CLR. CLR will remove a TON of crap. Maybe even do ultrasonic cleaning in a CLR bath. That said, this ship has sailed, I think. I will have to post a before/after weight with the ultrasonic CLR myself. Expect a thread sometime before the end of the year.
    Jeebus! I just weighed my HALO and OLD(!) raider. The Halo has a recorded 5k and it weighs 1/2oz more than factory spec. The Raider has an unknown amount of rounds and I am the third owner.. it's was willed to my Dad then willed to me form 5 FTW. It's a beater can and it has gained 2oz! But I even use it for 22lr occasionally. It is not as quiet as any of my form 1s
    All my form 1 cans I can disassemble. But I never notice much buildup on them
    The halo goes thru ultra sonic cleaning routinely
    Last edited by ssgjason; 11-19-16 at 12:18.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast