Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 73 ELD Match bullets

Feedback Score

73 ELD Match bullets

I can't wait to try some of these bullets in handloads
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hQRBTtsEpGE

Feedback Score
    I want more info on the coefficient, but yes it shows promise.

Feedback Score
    Its pretty neat that Nosler is coming out with their 70 gr RDF, and Hornady is coming out with this 73gr. Hopefully one or both end up being awesome.

Feedback Score
    Midway listed BC as .398 that's pretty good for mag length bullet.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/18...ail-box-of-100

Feedback Score
    Hornady makes some great bullets, but their schtick about polymer bullet tips melting in flight is BS. We've had polymer tipped bullets out for 20 years and after all these years melting plastic tips is causing issues in flight? Please, if all these tipped bullet flew like crap so bad that Hornady's ELD line is the solution why is Hornady not discontinuing all their other lies of melting tipped bullets? It's funny how everyone's tipped bullets are now garbage and theirs is now better only after Sierra introduced their new line of Tipped Matchkings. I don't think that's a coincidence.

I've seen how badly deformed and missing polymer tipped bullets shoot, in fact it was Hornady's early Amax bullets I saw the trouble with. I've used Nosler Ballistic tips and others out to 600 in 4X600 and any/any matches and never saw any trouble that could be attributed to this "problem". I do know that Hornady's people are the only ones I've seen go to great lengths to bash every other bullet maker and push their line as being the be all, end all in shooting to the point of obnoxiousness. So to say I take their claims about other tipped bullets with a grain of salt is an understatement.
    Last edited by jaholder; 11-05-16 at 21:24.

Feedback Score
    I really don't like hornady. I think they are a B class component company at best. I've always had trouble getting their bullets to shoot accurate in rifles. I have a set of their dies in 308win that are atrocious to use, in fact I couldn't use them the resize die was all but impossible to get a case into. Just not a fan of anything hornady. Haven't tried their progressive press yet though

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pappabear just grabbed a box of these that we'll be slingin' over the next few weeks.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Interesting. I've been looking for discussion of this bullet since I just picked some up as well. I'm curious to hear your results.

I've been using Nosler 77gr. CC almost exclusively but I just got some 73gr. ELDM, 80gr. ELDM, 62gr. BTHP and Sierra 77gr. TMK to play with.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I may try to load them hot as hell. Maybe some TAC to see how flat we can make them fly.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Pappabear just grabbed a box of these that we'll be slingin' over the next few weeks.
    Please share results
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast