Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 73 ELD Match bullets

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    I didn't shoot my best today and feel I lost one to a gust, but I did like the horizontal nature or relative flatness of this group. Distance to target was 300 yards.

Also liked this group, and feel if I had controlled my shoulder pressure a bit better it might have been outstanding.

Next attempt will be to move the bullet away from the rifling and hopefully get some better SD's and tighter groups with a bit less apparent pressure. Tight bolt lift occured at 25.0 grains V =3100 ft/secs at that point.
    Well done. I didnt manage to bring our precision rifle so we had little report but fps. Next week, hopefully we can bring some accuracy results as well.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I picked up a box of 73gr over the weekend so hopefully get some loaded for the coming weekend. I compared the BC to the 75gr, that is quite a jump. Shame we can't get those in a mag!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I picked up a box of 73gr over the weekend so hopefully get some loaded for the coming weekend. I compared the BC to the 75gr, that is quite a jump. Shame we can't get those in a mag!
    One of the things i consider about the LONG RANGE loads is that they need not be magazine fed. It is really quite easy to drop one in and hit the easy button (bolt catch) to chamber it. Rate of fire is more than adequate IMHO. FWIW I am single loading even the Sako bolt action as the 2.520" cartridges exceed that rifles magazine restricted length as well. I guess just about everything is a compromise in this life. :-)

Thanks PapaBear :-)
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I skipped the 75's. I have 73's and 80's. I figure if I'm single loading why not go straight to 80? I haven't had a chance to actually try any yet so we'll see.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    When the ejector physically swipes on the back of the case head. This typically happens while the case is still under pressure and the bolt head starts to rotate (action cycling). Usually happens on overpressure or “hot” loads.

Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    Sorry, newbie question, but what is a swipe?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Why do we keep getting out-shot by guys here?

We need to step up our game.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mark has some FPS update with the 20 5R Bolt gun. But the hot TAC load went nuts and shot hot but not accurate. We have never shot any ammo out of that gun over 3 MOA, this was shotgun stuff.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The TAC load may be the worst load I've ever come up with. Legit 4 plus MOA out of the most accurate gun in the world. We ended up mag dumping the load out of the 10.5 LMT and popping primers all over the desert. Unreal.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The TAC load may be the worst load I've ever come up with. Legit 4 plus MOA out of the most accurate gun in the world. We ended up mag dumping the load out of the 10.5 LMT and popping primers all over the desert. Unreal.
    Usually when I brag I try to do something wonderful :-) ... Was the primer popping in that category?
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Ok, finally got to shoot the 73's I loaded. All I can say is wow! And not in a good way. Best group of the batch, 1.5 moa. Worst a hair over 3 moa. I used the same 22.9gr XBR that I load with 77gr SMK's. I switched the primer from a Remington BR to CCI450. The SMK load was a solid 3/4 moa load. Not sure what to make of it tbh. Still have some more to shoot so will have another go next weekend.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast