Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first DD!

Feedback Score

My first DD!

Got my first DD rifle today! Liking it very much so far, but have a couple of questions.... One is that the rear take down pin is VERY tight. Had to tap it out a good ways to get it open. Front pin moved under thumb pressure. Is this normal? Also. There is a slight bit of side to side movement between the upper and lower. I know it's normal but has anyone else had this occur on their new DD? Super stoked to get some irons on it and get to the range!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    We sell quite a few DD rifles at the store I work for. I have seen the same thing you are noticing in several of them. We have never had functional issues with them because of that, and when you start shooting it, I think you'll find you won't end up taking it apart very often, and it becomes a minor inconvenience more than anything. Side note: which model did you buy? Pics? I think pictures are a requirement if you post about a new gun!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply! I'll have to get pics later as I'm at work.. Got the V7 with the MLOK rail. I sent an email to the Contact us form on the Daniel Defense site yesterday but have not heard back so far.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    That's good you were able to get one. We got in a few of them, and haven't been able to get any more since. In my opinion, that is my favorite 16" gun they make, but i'm an MLOK fan.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It will loosen up some once you get rounds through it. My old DDV5 was the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    It will loosen up some once you get rounds through it. My old DDV5 was the same way.

Thanks! So I should not be worried over the little bit of slop in the upper/lower fit I assume? It's side to side, not up/down and it's very slight.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by XM15M4Guy View Post
    Thanks! So I should not be worried over the little bit of slop in the upper/lower fit I assume? It's side to side, not up/down and it's very slight.
    Nope, just shoot it and enjoy. You made an excellent choice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    Nope, just shoot it and enjoy. You made an excellent choice.

I plan to! Just gotta pick up some BUIS when I can and I'll be GTG.
    Last edited by XM15M4Guy; 10-28-16 at 19:08. Reason: sp

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XM15M4Guy View Post
    Got my first DD rifle today! Liking it very much so far, but have a couple of questions.... One is that the rear take down pin is VERY tight. Had to tap it out a good ways to get it open. Front pin moved under thumb pressure. Is this normal? Also. There is a slight bit of side to side movement between the upper and lower. I know it's normal but has anyone else had this occur on their new DD? Super stoked to get some irons on it and get to the range!
    Had to use a blunt object to get mine out first few times. Can get it out now just by hand. I don't have any slop in the upper though. Mine is the new v7, by the way.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I can share your excitement as I just got my new M4, V7 two weeks ago. I have added a Trijicon ACOG scope and man, oh man, it is a sweet performing weapon. The only thing that I was slightly less than overjoyed with was the mil spec trigger so I ordered a Geissele SSA trigger and dropped that in last week. Now it has a 3.5 lb break and I could not be happier. Wonderful piece of technology.

Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast