Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Soylent now stoping the shipment of thier powders too.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BallisticHarmony View Post
    This hasn’t worked in the past, but I’ll try again.

Will, which MRP would you recommend as being “superior” to something like Soylent or Huel, which specific ingredients make it superior in your opinion, and what is your business relationship with them?

You love bashing millennials, and I can appreciate that, but knocking something without explaining why you take offense to it or providing an alternative just looks bad.
    All of which I responded to the last time you asked/the topic was being discussed. That info exists in the (closed?) thread you started before. I don't mind answering Qs, but I will not answer them twice, at least not for you I won't as you have shown yourself lacking in the background for the discussion. I attempted to learn you, you think you know better. Hence, my interest in attempting to learn you yet again is at 0.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    All of which I responded to the last time you asked/the topic was being discussed. That info exists in the (closed?) thread you started before. I don't mind answering Qs, but I will not answer them twice, at least not for you I won't as you have shown yourself lacking in the background for the discussion. I attempted to learn you, you think you know better. Hence, my interest in attempting to learn you yet again is at 0.
    Your response is another perfect example of your refusal to back up your arguments. This shouldn't just be about "learning" me, it should be about providing good information for others reading this now or years from now, but you obviously don't care about that. But no worries, I did some digging and here's all that I could find from you that was even remotely useful.

You've listed just two products that you'd support over Soylent. One is Ample, an outrageously expensive MRP that's super proud of its wholesome, organic ingredients (as if that matters whatsoever) and lacks virtually all micronutrients. It's a great example of an incomplete, overly expensive powder, and yes, tons of marketing hype as well.

Your other recommendation was something called "Full Strength." Half the site's images don't even load on my browser, even with ad blocker turned off, making me think they went under or something. Anyway, tons of marketing here as well and hilarious user testimonies, plus lots of far-fetched claims. Beware of any site with Facebook likes embedded into the advertising. But here's the kicker: I can't seem to find any nutritional facts anywhere on the site. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but even under the "What's Inside" tab they don't list ingredients anywhere, just more marketing hype. Are these people honestly trying to sell a food powder without directly stating what's in it? Do you work for this company, Will? I assume that they, like Ample, are just an incomplete, glorified protein shake.

So that's all you really provided. You complained about a few of Soylent's ingredients, notably maltodextrin, which I agree isn't the best option and many meal replacements like Huel don't use it. Soylent is one of dozens of Complete Foods now, and they all have their own approach to well-rounded nutrition. Huel is my go-to brand now, which I believe has better nutrition facts that can be found here.

You have still not explained why you like Ample or Full Strength more, nor have you disclosed your affiliation with any MRP companies which you claimed to have done research for. You've bashed Soylent and provided two sketchy alternatives without backing evidence, which I'm surprised about considering you claim MRPs are "decades old." I thought you'd provide better information, but all you've done is make ad hominem attacks against MRPs that don't pay you by using scare tactics and fear mongering. For example, you recently bashed Soylent for being banned in Canada, when you obviously didn't take the time to read that Canada only banned it because it uses an archaic nutritional checklist for meal replacements and requires a specific ratio of carbs, protein and fat. Soylent's fat content, a component that has long been vilified but only recently redeemed, was too high for Canada's outdated framework. But that didn't matter since it was another opportunity for you to badmouth them and scare everyone away from alternative nutrition choices.
    Last edited by BallisticHarmony; 01-03-18 at 13:44. Reason: a word

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Your response is another perfect example of your refusal to back up your arguments. .
    It's a perfect example of my unwillingness to do it twice. Now STFU and move along before you get yet another thread locked, or maybe that's actually your intent here...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    It's a perfect example of my unwillingness to do it twice. Now STFU and move along before you get yet another thread locked, or maybe that's actually your intent here...
    Nice job completely blowing off all my points. I think that really says a lot. And you never even backed up your arguments the first time, which any discerning reader can clearly see. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets locked too since you're considered a god around here, but I wouldn't care since this thread was started to unfairly bash Soylent in the first place. Go tell a mod since you're unwilling to actually respond to my above comments. You're the only person saying STFU.

Edit: My intent is to expose you as a biased source of fake news.
    Last edited by BallisticHarmony; 01-03-18 at 14:35. Reason: word

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice job completely blowing off all my points. I think that really says a lot. And you never even backed up your arguments the first time, which any discerning reader can clearly see. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets locked too since you're considered a god around here, but I wouldn't care since this thread was started to unfairly bash Soylent in the first place. Go tell a mod since you're unwilling to actually respond to my above comments. You're the only person saying STFU.

Edit: My intent is to expose you as a biased source of fake news.
    Per your request, a mod has been alerted. I'd much rather see you banned then the thread locked, but that's for the mod to decide based on your posting history I assume. So far, just about any post I have seen you in, you found a way to make no friends fast.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Per your request, a mod has been alerted. I'd much rather see you banned then the thread locked, but that's for the mod to decide based on your posting history I assume. So far, just about any post I have seen you in, you found a way to make no friends fast.
    I guess that’s an easy way to get out of making a valid response.

Feedback Score
    I think everyone knew where this one was going from the start...
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345