Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Soylent now stoping the shipment of thier powders too.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Soylent now stoping the shipment of thier powders too.

They have stopped shipping basically their entire product line.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/28/1...ng-people-sick

Soylent stops shipping powder that was making people sick

Following halt of nutrition bar sales

Not looking to start a squabble, just important for people to know if you have their products.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    They have stopped shipping basically their entire product line.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/28/1...ng-people-sick

Not looking to start a squabble, just important for people to know if you have their products.
    I'm shocked, shocked I tell you...I'd be interested to know where the contract manufacturer who produces it for them is located. Wouldn't be surprised if it was made in China. I could smell the fail on this one from miles. Hopefully that's the end of this sub par product.

At this point, all things considered, obligatory

Last edited by WillBrink; 10-29-16 at 09:18.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Cue the defense from their rabid supporters in 3....2....1....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-gnARR View Post
    Cue the defense from their rabid supporters in 3....2....1....
    *supporter

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Didn't we just have a thread on this not to long ago wherein the OP thought this was amazing stuff?

I expressed mirth extensively I recall.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, because no other company has ever recalled a food product. If you actually read the literature, people affected were less than .1%. I just finished drinking 2.0 and 1.6 for a month straight and wasn't sick once. In fact, my bloodwork just came in so you can all see how sick I am (I'll save you the trouble, I'm not).

Seriously, the superiority complexes on here are pretty suffocating.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BallisticHarmony View Post

Don't let the screen door hit you in the...enjoy your Soylent.

Vice investigates Soylent, finds rats and mold

https://pando.com/2013/11/12/vice-in...rats-and-mold/

"Watching the playback from one of the interviews we filmed inside the Soylent factory, we noticed a rodent hightailing it out of an area where ingredients were stacked. Soylent is chock-full of nutritious goodies; there are whole bags filled with nothing but carbohydrates, and some of it appeared to be constantly spilling out onto the floor as it was mixed."

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/soy...ng-for-30-days
    Last edited by WillBrink; 11-02-16 at 08:23.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BallisticHarmony View Post
    Yeah, because no other company has ever recalled a food product. If you actually read the literature, people affected were less than .1%. I just finished drinking 2.0 and 1.6 for a month straight and wasn't sick once. In fact, my bloodwork just came in so you can all see how sick I am (I'll save you the trouble, I'm not).

No dog in this fight but the manufacture is claiming .1%, who knows what the truth is. Time magazine is coming out with a follow up article that apparently is going to show a test from a large volume of the stuff having a dangerously high level of mold spores and the company is playing a media game with the FDA.

They have never submitted the stuff to the FDA because it is labeled a supplement, but are stating they are going to share results of their recall with the FDA. But the FDA is saying they have no reason to because they never submitted the stuff for actual testing since it is not labeled as a food.

Anyways, moot point it is getting pulled until middle 2017 so people can quit worrying about it since it will not be available for 7-8 months.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I thought the product was fake, given the movie and book "Soylent Green"--I thought it was a joke in poor taste.

Feedback Score
    Wow, Will loves bringing up articles that are 3 years old. Again, I'm sure Soylent is the only company with rats during its teething phase.

As for the recall, only 1.6 and the bars were recalled for most likely soy or sucralose intolerance. 2.0 and Coffiest are still selling just fine. Again, I didn't die, and no one else has either. Can't say the same for most other diets.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast