Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Soylent now stoping the shipment of thier powders too.

Feedback Score
    The Soylent recipe is based on the recommendations of the Institute of Medicine and is regulated as a food by the FDA.

Go check out the Soylent subreddit, there are tons of people older than me who consume it regularly, sometimes exclusively, without any side effects. Many of them are active and some participate in competitive sports or bodybuilding. This community wouldn't be thriving if Soylent was slowly killing people.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    This thread is great. Truly

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BallisticHarmony View Post
    The Soylent recipe is based on the recommendations of the Institute of Medicine and is regulated as a food by the FDA.

Go check out the Soylent subreddit, there are tons of people older than me who consume it regularly, sometimes exclusively, without any side effects. Many of them are active and some participate in competitive sports or bodybuilding. This community wouldn't be thriving if Soylent was slowly killing people.
    Meets the FDA requirements(their claim) is not the same as Approved by the FDA. They have been playing nomenclature games almost immediately after the recall hit.

Last I heard CFIA has an open investigation into it and the parent company has not been forthcoming with answers to questions. CFIA is moving to have the product banned unless they comply.

NO top tier competitive Body Builder is using this stuff. Sorry that is just nonsense.

Feedback Score
    I'm going off of the personal accounts I read all the time on the subreddit. People lose weight if they want to, or they can put on muscle when combined with weight lifting and added protein.

In case you weren't aware, 1.7 has already solved the problems of the recall and is already shipping, as well as additional flavors of the 2.0 drink. They're constantly improving the ingredient list.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm going off of the personal accounts I read all the time on the subreddit. People lose weight if they want to, or they can put on muscle when combined with weight lifting and added protein.

In case you weren't aware, 1.7 has already solved the problems of the recall and is already shipping, as well as additional flavors of the 2.0 drink. They're constantly improving the ingredient list.
    That is the whole problem, and that is what you are missing here... a bunch of personal accounts and no scientific data or long term study does not constitute verification of effectiveness.

They claim 1.7 solved it... they STILL have not submitted it for approval. No one knows if 1.7 "fixed" anything. People can build muscle eating taco bell and moving weight, you are not going to see a top tier guy that stringently monitors intake using this stuff.

As I stated, give me the independent clinical results from an accredited national lab and FDA approval and I'll change my tune. Don't show me a bunch of studies from the manufacture and a thread to prove a point.

Feedback Score
    I reckon those things will come with time, remember this company is less than 5 years old.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    This thread is great. Truly
    It's a classic to be sure and brings the lulz.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    Meets the FDA requirements(their claim) is not the same as Approved by the FDA. They have been playing nomenclature games almost immediately after the recall hit.

Last I heard CFIA has an open investigation into it and the parent company has not been forthcoming with answers to questions. CFIA is moving to have the product banned unless they comply.

NO top tier competitive Body Builder is using this stuff. Sorry that is just nonsense.
    But dude, if you can't trust Reddit for your health/fitness/nutritional science info, who can you trust?!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    ^ ok, that seriously has me f'ing rolling..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast