Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Raptor

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

2017 Raptor

I ran into what is basically the truck I have on order, minus the hood and side graphics, in person today.

I am really happy with the color I ordered and the options selected. This truck has all of the same options I have on order.

I figured there are some truck guys who would be interested in seeing this one. Pretty much one of the best get out of dodge options on the market. I've started buying some recovery gear as I intend to take this way off road when I find the time.

These should start hitting dealerships in the next couple of weeks but I suspect most are already sold, as I've been waiting for a build date since August and still nothing.

Last edited by HKGuns; 10-31-16 at 20:20.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It will be interesting how this Hot 6 does compared to the big bore...the Auto 10 Speed should be a beast. I'm sure there will be some differences on the Ford / GM joint venture but would like your input when received. My version will be in the ZL1 650HP Camaro. Reviews are outstanding. I will not be able to order till Dec/Jan with delivery in the Spring.

That look has way too much over badging for my taste but sure they offer a subdued exterior version for an old guy like me.
    Last edited by Artos; 10-31-16 at 18:12.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I've spent alot of time behind the new V6 in our Expedition, not an engine to be balked at.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My only complaint with the new Raptor is the exhaust sound. Old one sounded amazing. I do think they did the right choice with going with the 2nd gen Ecoboost 3.5 HO model. That engine is a beast at 365hp/420tq, I cant imagine how it will be with 450hp/510tq.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    It will be interesting how this Hot 6 does compared to the big bore...the Auto 10 Speed should be a beast. I'm sure there will be some differences on the Ford / GM joint venture but would like your input when received. My version will be in the ZL1 650HP Camaro. Reviews are outstanding. I will not be able to order till Dec/Jan with delivery in the Spring.

That look has way too much over badging for my taste but sure they offer a subdued exterior version for an old guy like me.
    Yeah, I got the tailgate only. The large Raptor on the sides weren't doing it for me either. Likewise the decals covering the beautiful blue paint across large swaths of the hood. Not sure at this point if I'll have it before the end of the year, but I am hopeful and will post a review when it does arrive.

I know the driver of that truck pretty well and he said it has gobs of power readily available and said the new 10 speed was really great.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Very nice! I've been very pleased with my current F-150 KR. It's my 3rd F-150 and I've always had great service. The Raptor really looks like a winner! I'm not a fan of being the buyer of a Gen 1 engine release. I'm still holding out for the technology that will give us a full size truck, 300+ HP, 7000+ towing and the big one...over 35 mpg. I've always thought it would come from a small V8 diesel? HKGuns will have to give a detailed review after his delivery. Congrats on your new Raptor - when it arrives.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I've spent alot of time behind the new V6 in our Expedition, not an engine to be balked at.
    This engine is different. It is a High Output version with 450HP / 510TQ. This truck also has an AWD mode that will allow you not to have to use pure 4wd mode when it really isn't necessary. A benefit I hadn't considered when I placed the order.

I also ordered the Torsen front differential which should make it the perfect 4wd vehicle, since the electronic locking rear is standard.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-31-16 at 18:25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They got it done right on the ZL1 in my opinion & actually most are complaining of under badging...See thumb & color scheme I'm leaning to. I agree and would likely be removing the larger badges if I fell into a Raptor. This truck in the Tan/Desert with the black accents is stunning.

grey zl1.jpg

Now you really can't compare the two but when you have a few minutes watch how fast the A10 shifts both up & down keeping it in the optimal power band. He is not using the paddles. It uses hydraulics & is said to shift faster than the Porshe PDR system. The vid is down below the post. How will this translate into a Baja civi truck?? We shall see.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470977

Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Yeah, I got the tailgate only. The large Raptor on the sides weren't doing it for me either. Likewise the decals covering the beautiful blue paint across large swaths of the hood. Not sure at this point if I'll have it before the end of the year, but I am hopeful and will post a review when it does arrive.

I know the driver of that truck pretty well and he said it has gobs of power readily available and said the new 10 speed was really great.
    Last edited by Artos; 10-31-16 at 18:45.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

2017 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    My only complaint with the new Raptor is the exhaust sound. Old one sounded amazing. I do think they did the right choice with going with the 2nd gen Ecoboost 3.5 HO model. That engine is a beast at 365hp/420tq, I cant imagine how it will be with 450hp/510tq.
    I will certainly let you know!

I could have driven this one today, but declined as I didn't want to spoil the first drive of my vehicle when it arrives.

I was DAMNED tempted however.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-31-16 at 19:26.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I do like those colors.

I really, really do not need a new vehicle. But I am so bad at impulse buying.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast