Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Springfield Armory AR

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Coupled with a Springfield 1911, it would make a nice package
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    The only stuck case I've ever had with an AR was in a nitrided barrel. Several stuck cases as a matter of fact. Steel cased Wolf 5.45x39. Yeah, I know it was steel cased ammo but there isn't any brass 5.45x39. Same ammo did NOT stick in a chrome lined S&W MP15R I had.

Need more? All the big time players---Colt, BCM, Knight's, DD---all chrome line barrels. Yes, DD did the nitride thing for a while but they don't now from what I've heard.
    Well I've had a stuck case in a chrome lined chamber, also steel cased Wolf 55gr 5.56X45. Using the same logic I would have to conclude that chrome lined chambers are garbage.

This is of course ridiculous.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Well I've had a stuck case in a chrome lined chamber, also steel cased Wolf 55gr 5.56X45. Using the same logic I would have to conclude that chrome lined chambers are garbage.

This is of course ridiculous.
    Reading is fundamental: the same ammo did not stick in a chrome lined S&W barrel. Other than 5.45x39 I don't shoot steel cased fodder in any of my AR's so like I said, it's the only scenario where I ever had a stuck case (and it was several before I sold the upper with the caveat to chamber brush it frequently, as in once or twice during a range trip).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I have 2 Daniel Defense salt bath nitrided barrels, neither have demonstrated anything other than perfect function.

Including with steel cased Wolf. Steel cased Wolf is simply nasty crap though, blame the ammo not the barrel.

Nitrocarburized steel has a surface hardness that is nearly as hard as chrome lining, harder surfaces tend to be slicker. The advantages of the salt bath over chrome lining are no dimensional changes, and the conversion process leaves a deeper or thicker hardened material than chrome lining.

Even US Army studies have shown the difference in wear characteristics under a sustained high rate of fire are nearly the same, with chrome lining lasting a bit longer, but both treatments lasting exponentially longer than bare steel. For a semi-auto application the practical difference in barrel life is probably even closer.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It's good to see BCM furniture on a production gun right out of the box.

SA, they have to be the last of the big gun makers in the country not to have their own AR out.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score

New Springfield Armory AR

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Coupled with a Springfield 1911, it would make a nice package
    I agree, and what about the many XD shooters out there who would love a Springy AR to match their pistol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    This was the first time I have met anyone from SA. Let me say that from the CEO on down, these people are SUPER nice and professional. In the firearms industry, this is NOT the norm.

C4
    I have a few friends who have SA 1911's and others who own XD's of some sort. The few who have used SA customer service felt they had really good results.

I only own one SA, an XDm 3.8C in 9MM bought 4 years ago for my daughter who's hands were simply too small for a Glock. I know they don't get much love here but my kid (now 24) loves that pistol, and it's provided several years and a few thousand rounds of flawless service this far. She saw the SAINT ad and now wants one for Christmas...to match her pistol of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    It's good to see BCM furniture on a production gun right out of the box.

SA, they have to be the last of the big gun makers in the country not to have their own AR out.
    Careful people will get butthurt for mentioning BCM furniture. LOL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamms View Post
    Yea by the time you put together a lower with all the same parts as this SA and pair it with a BCM upper you'd be at $1000 easily. This gun is actually a pretty good deal.
    I think it is better than that, the Springfield is an exceptional deal for what you are getting. For an under $800 street price, you are getting a fully spec out mid-length rifle, with good furniture and accessories. You are spending at least $850-$900 these days for a Colt which you would still have to sink another $150 -$200 to match the accessories that the Springfield has out of the box. A complete built out BCM mid-length will similar accessories is going to run you close to the $1100 range. Probably the closest director competitor of the Springfield is the Smith and Wesson Mid MOE and those are even running $950-$1000.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    For those questioning the market place niche for this AR, you need to realize this isn't being made for the M4C crowd, this is made for the average guy who goes to a gun show or a local shop for their first AR. For that guy (or gal), it is a very confusing market place. They see ARs from $500 to $2000+. They see names they know, and names they never heard. The have buddies telling them crazy stuff, they have people telling to build their own, and so on. Part of the success of the S&W Sport is of course the price point, but also the name recognition. They have no idea what BCM or DD is. Everyone has heard of Smith and Wesson, Colt, and probably Springfield Armory. Now, with a Saint next to a Sport, both names they know, they can visibly see the difference, they can see with their own eyes why one is about $200 more. They now have a choice that makes sense to them. Just my two cents based on my experience in the business.
    Owner/CEO
    Light Tac LLC

Owner
    Mutiny Arms LLC

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast