Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOLGW MK10 Pro First Blush

Feedback Score

SOLGW MK10 Pro First Blush

First impressions SOLGW MK10 Pro

* Much lighter than I imagined (weight to follow)
    * Vltor VC-301 installed in lieu of specified BCM Mod 1. Not sure why, have emailed a ? to SOLGW.
    * Did not receive 'H' buffer specified. Have emailed a ? to SOLGW.
    * Lubed well with Slip EWS prior to shooting.
    * First shots were with D&H 20 round mag, orange 'no-tilt' follower that actually tilts...... Gun would not cycle. At all. Would chamber from a closed bolt, but very sluggish. First shot locked it up. Rifle shot 100% with Pmags. (D&H mag now doing vice block duty...........)
    * Nice recoil impulse, rifle shot very soft with several different types of ammo. (Win 147 white box, Magtech, MEN M80, ADI 168 Sierra)(side note: Magtech seems very light powered...)
    * Positive extraction, VERY positive ejection with the LMT dual ejector setup. Ejection pattern ranged from 3:00 to 5:00 depending upon ammo.
    * CMC trigger is sweet!
    * Very accurate, especially with MEN M80. Will bench this weekend for better test. All shooting was done off Harris bipod.
    * Pics and better write-up after I get time.

Will try and answer any questions if anyone is interested.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Thanks for your write up. I should be getting mine soon. Do you own any lancer 308 mags? They have worked the best for me in the past.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Thanks for your write up. I should be getting mine soon. Do you own any lancer 308 mags? They have worked the best for me in the past.
    No Lancers. All Pmags with the exception of 2 D&H mags, er, vise blocks........again, rifle ran fine with the 20 round Pmags.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RichinVA View Post
    First impressions SOLGW MK10 Pro

* Much lighter than I imagined (weight to follow)
    * Vltor VC-301 installed in lieu of specified BCM Mod 1. Not sure why, have emailed a ? to SOLGW.
    * Did not receive 'H' buffer specified. Have emailed a ? to SOLGW.
    * Lubed well with Slip EWS prior to shooting.
    * First shots were with D&H 20 round mag, orange 'no-tilt' follower that actually tilts...... Gun would not cycle. At all. Would chamber from a closed bolt, but very sluggish. First shot locked it up. Rifle shot 100% with Pmags. (D&H mag now doing vice block duty...........)
    * Nice recoil impulse, rifle shot very soft with several different types of ammo. (Win 147 white box, Magtech, MEN M80, ADI 168 Sierra)(side note: Magtech seems very light powered...)
    * Positive extraction, VERY positive ejection with the LMT dual ejector setup. Ejection pattern ranged from 3:00 to 5:00 depending upon ammo.
    * CMC trigger is sweet!
    * Very accurate, especially with MEN M80. Will bench this weekend for better test. All shooting was done off Harris bipod.
    * Pics and better write-up after I get time.

Will try and answer any questions if anyone is interested.
    When you say it shot "very soft", do you mean for a .308, or in general?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    When you say it shot "very soft", do you mean for a .308, or in general?

For a 308. Definitely not a 223, but much milder than I was expecting. S-I-l shooting said the same thing.

Feedback Score
    For a 308. Definitely not a 223, but much milder than I was expecting. S-I-l shooting said the same thing.
    Awesome. I'm thinking about another rifle, and SOLGW are on the radar. I already have a .308, but am considering going that direction again anyway.

Thanks for the reply.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Definitely interested in more info/accuracy report when you get to it.

I'm eyeballing the Mk10s which appears to be the same base rifle without the upgraded BUIS/trigger/comp.

Please update this when more info is available

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Since I hate things not to work that are supposed to work, I will delve into why the D&H mag has issues in this rifle.

Feedback Score
    VLTOR R.E. Rifle length gas and a tuned gas port is what I'm seeing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 13mike View Post
    VLTOR R.E. Rifle length gas and a tuned gas port is what I'm seeing?
    Rifle length gas, yes. Non-adjustable block, not sure what the orifice size is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast