Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: IWI Galil ACE 7.62 NATO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm warming up to this rifle. A number of folks have reported that the Magpul Zukhov handguard is an pretty straight forward upgrade.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trigeek37 View Post
    I'm warming up to this rifle. A number of folks have reported that the Magpul Zukhov handguard is an pretty straight forward upgrade.
    Yeah, Copper Custom sells a .308 Ace with one of the modified Zhukov handguards on it (see link below). I called them and asked if they would sell just the handguard with the modifications already done (since I had to order a Zhukov anyway) and they said okay. It was $129 total, shipping included. Looks slick as hell in the pic.

https://www.coppercustom.com/shop/ri...kov-handguard/
    Last edited by ABNAK; 04-17-17 at 19:02.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Yeah, Copper Custom sells a .308 Ace with one of the modified Zhukov handguards on it (see link below). I called them and asked if they would sell just the handguard with the modifications already done (since I had to order a Zhukov anyway) and they said okay. It was $129 total, shipping included. Looks slick as hell in the pic.

That looks pretty bad ass. Wonder how it's supported forward of the gas block. My Ace is at my boy's shop and he's a AK fabricator/builder so he might be able to get that project knocked out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Damn that looks right at home on there.

Great mod and really helps out moving your hand further out for recoil control.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My buddy at CW gunwerks in Miami, FL just modded mine. Can't wait to remove that giant muzzle brake and add a Knights QDC. He charges $75.00 for labor + parts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    My buddy at CW gunwerks in Miami, FL just modded mine. Can't wait to remove that giant muzzle brake and add a Knights QDC. He charges $75.00 for labor + parts.

Looks good!

I put a 3-prong FH on mine, can't stomach the brake. The Zhukov I bought from Copper Custom shipped yesterday so hopefully I'll have it by this weekend.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    another question I haven't been able to find an answer for. is anyone making stock adapters for this rifle? when I got a chance to handle one at my LGS I wasn't in love. An ACR/Zukhov/AR buffer tube would be a logical upgrade pending silly cost.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looks good!

I put a 3-prong FH on mine, can't stomach the brake. The Zhukov I bought from Copper Custom shipped yesterday so hopefully I'll have it by this weekend.
    CW was telling me that it changed the rifle, they absolutely hated the short modular hand guard so you're going to love it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678