Thread: EDC weight

Feedback Score

EDC weight

Wife just got a new digital scale in today and we weighed a couple of things first iron weights to confirm accuracy then curiosity overcame me and I put down my Glock loaded in my Crossbreed IWB holster, my extra mag loaded, my Surefire x 300 light and my Benchmade knife as well as my I phone all this is my EDC the weight is 5.1 lbs. I consider this the minimum to leave the house. How do the rest of you weigh out for your minimum EDC?
    I am the military products manager for Lasermax

Feedback Score
    EDC on person is very light. Standard: wallet,keys, cellphone. Additional: folder, Glock 19, spare G17 mag, small flashlight.
    Simple and light.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If I happen to be carrying a gun, it's just my Walther PPS in a Speed Scabbard. 1.5 lbs. iPhone in my pocket. No extra magazines, knives, or hand grenades.

Feedback Score

the worst part

At 5 pounds of EDC I still feel like I am not truly armed until I get to a rifle.
    Last edited by SGTMAJ; 11-04-16 at 20:37.
    I am the military products manager for Lasermax

Feedback Score
    I've found the Kahr CW-9 pistol is quite light +xtra 7rd mag (my two examples have been 100% reliable)---Sypderco Delica 4---Mini Maglight AA LED---That's my lightest set-up...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGTMAJ View Post
    At 5 pounds of EDC I still feel like I am not truly armed until I get to a rifle.
    If you ditch the X300, or if you step down to the Xc1 it will save quite a bit of felt weight. Biggest reason I do not carry my G19 with the light anymore.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    Standard: wallet,keys, cellphone. Additional: folder, Glock 19, spare G17 mag, small flashlight.
    All that plus a Bic lighter, tube of lip balm, and a small bottle of eye drops.

I've never concerned myself with weight of my EDC kit.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18