Thread: Gerber Air Ranger folding pocket knife

Feedback Score

Gerber Air Ranger folding pocket knife

For the last few years, beginning around the holidays, Cabelas puts Gerber Air Ranger knives on sale for $19.99 They have done so this year:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/barga..._SEQ_105658380

And for the last few years, I've bought several to stash away in vehicle kits, tool boxes, in my 'spare knife' box, and to give away as simple gifts to friends and family.

I'v carried this specific brand/model knife every day for the last couple years (I typically lose a couple/three knives every year), and I can honestly say it's never let me down doing numerous mundane daily chores like opening packages, cutting fruit and vegetables, trimming plants/foliage, cutting cardboard/cloth/rope/cord, etc.

I have many bigger, more expensive, task specific knives, but this particular knife fits well in my pocket ( I typically carry it in my pocket, not via the clip unless outside working in the yard wearing gloves), stays sharp until I use it for a lot of heavy work, and has a very good grip in my hands. It opens easy, has a solid locking mechanism, and sharpens easily either with my diamond stone or my Ken Onion Work Sharp.

The only real drawback to the particular knife is that it is not made in the USA. That does bother me, but I have many other knives made in the US, that cost much more, and I simply do not want to subject them to the daily abuse I subject this knife to.

I think I'm currently using the same knife now for almost a year, so I can tell you it's held up quite well.

Just a heads up...fro those of you looking for a decent, inexpensive, kicking around knife...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Holy poop, twenty bucks??

I just found the Christmas present for the minions this year. Well, for the ones that don't drink.

Thanks for the heads up!

Feedback Score
    Damn fine knife!
    Using Tapatalk