Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 year old daughter wants a handgun . Which one ?

Feedback Score
    New shooter- automatic transmission, air conditioning, no radio, and a lot of sheet metal to use a car analogy.

Feedback Score
    She shoot both the g43 and g19 . Loves the g19
    Glock master has the dark green $549 ? Are they good to deal with .

I can get black g19 local for that .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Surprised no one has mentioned the Lcp 2?

Seems like it would be the perfect chick gun. Pleasant, little, not snappy. Maybe a Glock 42 for gun play? I don't know....

I swear half of the women i put behind my Glock 19 stove pipe the damn thing with practice ammo. I don't think I could get it to stove pipe in my sleep. But yet, with females, it never fails.

I know 380 isn't chuck Norris rated, but to me any gun that will actually be carried is better than nothing. Most of my friends won't even carry a double stack..... Panzies..... The whole lot of them...... One guy said I'll just hang out with you instead of carry mine........ Eff me.....

How do any of you guys get ladies to carry big guns? Not trying to be shitty.... Serious question?

Feedback Score
    I'd suggest looking into the Ruger LC9S if she's set on 9mm. My wife has one, it's her first pistol. After two years of use it's still running 100% even with the cheapest steel cased ammo. Great trigger, comes with a orange practice mag for learning proper trigger pull, etc.

It's not very expensive. I think we paid around $350?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander35 View Post
    I'd suggest looking into the Ruger LC9S if she's set on 9mm. My wife has one, it's her first pistol. After two years of use it's still running 100% even with the cheapest steel cased ammo. Great trigger, comes with a orange practice mag for learning proper trigger pull, etc.

It's not very expensive. I think we paid around $350?
    We looked at them . Nice trigger , she likes the raspberry color one .
    But struggled with racking .
    Last edited by Skar; 12-07-16 at 08:48.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Price is not in consideration for my loved ones safety, we are HK in my house.
    The removable panel/straps on the VP9 with size small fits the lady's I know better than the Gen4 Glock 19 with small back strap. But everyone's hands are different.
    Not a Glock hater but the 3 Glocks I used to own have been replaced by VP9s over the last 2 years and you get metal sights right out of the box.
    I think the VP9 is a better system overall and they go for $625 locally.
    My 2 cents.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    When my wife decided to start carrying a pistol "with" her she shot all I had and didn't love any. After racking the slide on an M&P 9mm at the lgs she knew she found it, and to this day she loves that pistol! I finally got her to shoot the Shield I picked up for her and she carries it now but still loves the ease of operating/shooting her full size.

Feedback Score
    I got her the green g19 gen 4
    Told her she needs to take a class
    #1 thing

Green g19 gen 4 new local $539.99
    Hard to find green ones
    ? Fair price

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Big hands G17. Smaller hands G19.
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    If a revolver: stay away from the small super light guns, too painful, hard to control even for experienced folks. I think the Ruger LCR in .327 is great, allows you to go from mild to wild. I shoot .32 S&W, .32 Long, .32 H&R Mag and .327 Fed Mag in mine. Love that gun.

Auto: choose decent size for controllability, avoid blowback guns; often a locked breech 9mm will recoil less than a blowback .380. For a new shooter, I like a hammer design as they can relate a hammer back to being cocked or hammer down to uncocked, where in a striker gun can be cocked or uncocked as they appear the same. ( safe gunhandling is a given, but easier for the naive mind to determine)

I really like Blazzins' methods.

Dave

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast