Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blast from the Past: Inland/Ithaca Model 37 Trench Shotgun

Feedback Score

Blast from the Past: Inland/Ithaca Model 37 Trench Shotgun

I suppose these are more geared toward the collector/reinactor crowd, but they're pretty cool shotguns. This is supposed to be a remake of Ithaca's World War II trench guns. After some research it turns out that Ithaca only produced 1,442 guns in this configuration. This new Inland version is Parkerized where actual wartime examples were finished in Ithaca's commercial-quality blue. Ones made during Vietnam were Parkerized, though.

On the left side of the receiver is stamped the ordnance "flaming bomb" emblem and "RLB" (which represented Col. Roy L. Bowlin, head of the Rochester Ordnance District during WW2).

For history buffs like myself, it's close enough

Last edited by Slater; 11-05-16 at 09:46.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Would love a range report.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Very cool.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a later version of a model 37 that was a couple of decades old before I ever touched it.
    It was well out of fashion and had now real collector value, I think it had been LEO issue in a former life. It was a fine shotgun and in the seventies for what was available for home defense, not too shabby.
    It was so well worn that sitting up in the corner the pump handle would slide about half way down with gravity.

Feedback Score
    Evidently the Ithaca 37 is based closely on the old Remington Model 17, which was largely a John Browning design.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Slam fire goodness.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Slam fire goodness.
    And the Firearms Review story specifically that the new production from Inland does have interrupters to prevent said slam firing.

Bunch of horse hockey.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    And the Firearms Review story specifically that the new production from Inland does have interrupters to prevent said slam firing.

Bunch of horse hockey.
    Bastards, that is what the '87 is for.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Friend of mine confirmed slam fire issues with this model when he bought one from a police auction. Very cool weapon tho.

Feedback Score
    Super cool. I'd love to have one someday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast