Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: DDM4/SLiM rail anti-rotation problem?

Feedback Score
    I hope we will hear something from DD on this. I figured I was close to golden buying DD.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by XM15M4Guy View Post
    I hope we will hear something from DD on this. I figured I was close to golden buying DD.
    DD is still good to go. The rifle performed fine, even when the rail rotated. If irons aren't your primary optic, this isn't really much cause for concern.

I've come around to the opinion that all "hard use" rifles need to have a fixed front sight post on it, or a seriously heavy duty rail like a DD RIS II or Geissele rail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    DD is still good to go. The rifle performed fine, even when the rail rotated. If irons aren't your primary optic, this isn't really much cause for concern.

I've come around to the opinion that all "hard use" rifles need to have a fixed front sight post on it, or a seriously heavy duty rail like a DD RIS II or Geissele rail.
    Yeah. That's why I have my 6920. Can't afford a RIS II but may look into putting a Geissele on the DD M4v7 if that's doable.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They replaced 6 large screws with 4 small screws. Smaller/lighter on the same exact design means weaker.

The best anti-rotation is the Geissele set screw style IMO.

Feedback Score
    I also think the kmr has a great design.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    DD is still good to go. The rifle performed fine, even when the rail rotated. If irons aren't your primary optic, this isn't really much cause for concern
    Negative. Multiple FTF before fixing itself
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    putting blue loctite on the 4 screws won't solve a thing. What is "shifting" is the plate the rail attaches to and it is held in place by the bbl nut. You can only tighten that nut so much. Perhaps they should have rough textured the nut and the plate to keep it from shifting .? The V9 attaches the same way does it not? the new V7 attaches completely differently.

Feedback Score
    I thought the new v7 used the same mounting system as the ddm4 rail that is used on the v9 and the v5

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
    I thought the new v7 used the same mounting system as the ddm4 rail that is used on the v9 and the v5
    If anyone knows, I'm very interested to hear if this is the case.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    The NEW V7 does away with the bbl nut....... look at a pic of one there is a plate that attaches to the bbl/extension, which is held by the rail system , there is no bbl nut.
    they adopted this from the 308 M5 which uses the same system as the NEW V7.

from DD's website

Innovative 4-bolt connection system utilizing a unique barrel extension securely attaches free-floating CHF barrel and KeyMod handguard mounts securely to upper without barrel nut
    Last edited by 1oldgrunt; 01-18-17 at 09:02.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast