Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you, and welcome to all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you, and welcome to all.

I want to take a quick minute to say thank you to the Mods, Staff, and Admins of M4C for their support and assistance in getting this set up. I'll go over the reasons later on about why I'm posting here, instead of on another board. The reasons are ugly, but nothing most people would be shocked to hear.

I would like this little section of firearm internet heaven to cover a few different things, but to make sense of any of them, I'll give a highly condensed background about myself. I am prior military, I had a chance to do a lot of things outside of the usual, and I enjoyed it very much. After a few enlistments, I was told I was going to be deployed a minimum of half the year on real world ops, and to figure another 3 or so months for other activities. Every year. Having visions of keeping my wife, I entered into the world of being a Police Officer. Lots of excitement, lots of action, and lots of opportunity to specialize in certain areas, including firearm instruction, armorer, fto, teams, weapon testing and on and on. While this was all going on photography started becoming a larger part of the internet. Having shot pictures for a long time, the digital world was pretty enjoyable, and the jump from the weapons world into work I was already doing was pretty quick. I started shooting pictures, and writing articles, though photography was always the main focus when possible.

I focus on my nephews quite a bit. They are young men who are training at an early age, and being held to standards much higher than that of their peers. Training for them includes hand to hand combatives, ground fighting, patrolling, ambushes, cold water training, hydro endurance, log PT, and many many other things. People who follow us on FB or IG see pics of them all the time. The nephews are a special project for me, and you will see things about them through posts made here as well.

I tend to stay pretty private, but this becomes a good place for people to ask questions about a variety of subjects in the areas mentioned about. My answers to question tend to be based off real world experiences, and quite often I'm as blunt as a cranky cop often is, but I'll always be honest.

Thank you again for all the support from everyone out there. This should be fun.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Stick, thank you for your service and you sir are responsible for so much debt around this forum. The pure awesomeness that you able to photograph and play around with is pure jealousy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Stick, thank you for your service and you sir are responsible for so much debt around this forum. The pure awesomeness that you able to photograph and play around with is pure jealousy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your kind words. I am humbled.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Cool deal, Stick. Congrats on your own space. I must say...I've been a fan for a while. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Welcome aboard Stick glad to have you here.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Cool deal, Stick. Congrats on your own space. I must say...I've been a fan for a while. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

No doubt the HK is for keeping the ladies off you with that shirt!
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    Welcome aboard Stick glad to have you here.
    Thank you.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Did you dabble in photography whilst on active service? I always had my Leica M6 with me everywhere I went, although I still feel like I didn't shoot enough!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Did you dabble in photography whilst on active service? I always had my Leica M6 with me everywhere I went, although I still feel like I didn't shoot enough!

Yes sir I did, some of the team guys I was with at the time were able to end up with some great photos while deployed, which I think is awesome. Everyone likes good pictures of themselves, even me!
    Stick

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Congrats on your own spot. Aside from your admirable attributes of your service, general knowledge and photography skills; in the time I've been on this board you have always conducted yourself very well. Even in the face of provocation.

Thanks for doing what you do!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast