Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
Just trying to get good high detailed picture of my gun. I'm terrible about staging pictures since I'm an engineer and not creative in that area. I was trying to get the lighting right with a couple of crappy lamps. I was wanting a picture that gave me good depth of field and high detail of all parts of the gun. The only post editing of the pictures was to water mark it.

Depth of field is decent, though I probably would have gone higher than F11 if I were shooting it with my own equipment. I routinely shoot at F14 to keep edges sharp.

The picture is very good. Regarding changes or making it better, there are only a few very minor items and they are very very nit picky. As it stands now, it is certainly good enough for publication, poster, etc.. It is more than good enough for showing an item online.

If you look at the handguard, you can see illumination creating highlights on a portion of it, an upgraded version of this picture would showcase that highlight evenly across the entire handguard and not just the forward half. This is a tiny detail, but one which would better than image.

If you look at the barrel fluting, a little more contrast via lighting (or post processing) would help the front end.

The trigger could use a little illumination increase as well.

Although I have already said it, I'll point out again that these are highly minor details which I don't honestly think anyone would notice or that most would even care about it.

Great shot.