Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: "Critique my firearm picture" thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    ^^^I like it.
    Thanks!

My wife informed me she prefers a black and white one that I took of the same scene.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Tried to take advantage of the snow today.

Over all it looks good. The exposure is off, but the overall feel is good. Solid seasonal pic.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Over all it looks good. The exposure is off, but the overall feel is good. Solid seasonal pic.
    Thanks!

Too much exposure?

I tend to bump up exposure a bit in post. This was the original, is it more balanced?

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Great shot! I'm not sure how I missed this. Even with the clipping (overblown highlights), it still looks very good. I'm not 100% sold on the knife being in the picture as it doesn't add anything, and the highlights off the frame in front of the grip pull the human eye down anyway. The image ends up becoming slightly off balance, but for a internet picture, it is stunning.

It really is a very nice pic.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    New shot of my "new" 11/47 shipped K-22 Masterpiece with rescued Diamond Targets

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    New shot of my "new" 11/47 shipped K-22 Masterpiece with rescued Diamond Targets

I know the text book answer is the image has too many things going on with it, but I like it quite a bit. It has a lot of appeal.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Just trying to get good high detailed picture of my gun. I'm terrible about staging pictures since I'm an engineer and not creative in that area. I was trying to get the lighting right with a couple of crappy lamps. I was wanting a picture that gave me good depth of field and high detail of all parts of the gun. The only post editing of the pictures was to water mark it.

My other picture. I was goofing around and took this one and later ended up liking it but got mad that I used fake ammo instead of a belt of real ammo in the shot. Something is off slightly in the shot though and I'm not sure how to correct it.

Last edited by Mongo; 02-14-18 at 08:26.
    Firearms engineer for hire on a piece work basis.

http://weaponblueprints.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In all honesty I’m not sure what I was going for here, but I like the way it turned out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post

My other picture. I was goofing around and took this one and later ended up liking it but got mad that I used fake ammo instead of a belt of real ammo in the shot. Something is off slightly in the shot though and I'm not sure how to correct it.

Lets start with the second picture, because that to my eye is a simple cure. I have taken the liberty of cropping and rotating the image, and remarked it is there is no question that YOU are the one who shot it, and not I. The shadow / minor grey should get cleaned up for this, but the idea isn't for me to mess around with your image, it was just to show the difference with rotation.

I agree with you with the dummy rounds not helping anything, but the rest of the image, as shown, is very very good. Let me know what you think of the difference with the crop the way I did it. You might hate it, and that is fine. If you want the image pulled down please let me know, I am certainly not attempting to create any hostilities.

Stick

Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast