Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: "Critique my firearm picture" thread

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post

Nice and clean B&W conversion, but the background is still unnecessary clutter and only detracts from the image. I would have personally liked to have seen the grip in focus as well, but if you are trying to just emphasis the KAC text on the lower it works.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

Fancy boy rail = -87
    Pretty boy muzzle device= -87
    Go go gadget bipod= +87
    Uranus sized scope= -87
    Non gay scope mount= +87
    Alt girl safety= +87
    Homo Erectus stock= -87
    Background broomstick= +87

Good shot, and while some people are offended by the use of filters, I am not. I find myself confused by the way you prop your giant wood against the broom, but far be it from myself to be condescending about another mans wood.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Picture was taken to show my new LW 12.5 upper with my 10"s.

What I like: I tried a few different postions, and this one seemed to balance best. I also like the crappy paint peeling deck as a background, I think it adds a rough look to the picture.

What I don't like: still dont think its 100% balanced. I wanted to have them not laying parallel, but couldn't get it to look the way I wanted.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dentron View Post
    Picture was taken to show my new LW 12.5 upper with my 10"s.

What I like: I tried a few different postions, and this one seemed to balance best. I also like the crappy paint peeling deck as a background, I think it adds a rough look to the picture.

What I don't like: still dont think its 100% balanced. I wanted to have them not laying parallel, but couldn't get it to look the way I wanted.

There is so much going on in the picture, there becomes nothing to focus on. While the peeling deck paint would appear to be an asset with its addition of texture, it only help to detract from the overall image.

I think a single weapon probably would work on the deck, but as it sits now.... it doesn't quite meet the mark, which is a shame as it is nice hardware.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    There is so much going on in the picture, there becomes nothing to focus on. While the peeling deck paint would appear to be an asset with its addition of texture, it only help to detract from the overall image.

I think a single weapon probably would work on the deck, but as it sits now.... it doesn't quite meet the mark, which is a shame as it is nice hardware.
    thanks for the input

Feedback Score

I took this to send to my friend who is a gun guy and photographer. I'm really happy with it, I especially like the background.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Damn, that is nice. There is one little spec of dust in the 4th serration valley. I guess it doesn't really matter but I think I would crop it up by the muzzle about the same as by hammer and mag. It kinda looks like it almost ran out of room. Maybe it's the yellow bar the web page puts on it.

That's a clean machine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Damn, that is nice. There is one little spec of dust in the 4th serration valley. I guess it doesn't really matter but I think I would crop it up by the muzzle about the same as by hammer and mag. It kinda looks like it almost ran out of room. Maybe it's the yellow bar the web page puts on it.

That's a clean machine.
    Good feedback, cropping would help. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Attachment 42621
    I pretty happy with this one, except the score card sticking out of the pocket. I didnt notice until a week after I took it. I find it really difficult to combine photography with my other hobbies, for me they both suffer.

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast