Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: "Critique my firearm picture" thread

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Took this on a whim after finishing up some close range shooting with my retro/mutt carbine. It kinda makes me think of a crime scene pic of the aftermath of a "Heat" style bank heist or something.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Took this on a whim after finishing up some close range shooting with my retro/mutt carbine. It kinda makes me think of a crime scene pic of the aftermath of a "Heat" style bank heist or something.

Good off center layout, I like it. I'm not sold on the color shift, and the magazine closest to the viewer detracts from the overall image, but still very nice.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have taken many low eye level photos of handguns and knives, but this shot of a long gun is my first. I used natural late afternoon light for an AZ-Sonoran desert type flavor.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    I have taken many low eye level photos of handguns and knives, but this shot of a long gun is my first. I used natural late afternoon light for an AZ-Sonoran desert type flavor.

The strong blue tint on the weapon really offsets everything else in the picture. I like the angle and perspective. I think a little more negative space in the image could have worked nicely.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you Stick. This is why it's good to have a photo editor, while trying to boost the color of the faded/old cactus the SBR turned blue.
    While now the total fix, I got the 6933 back to black(ish).

After going back to the photo site I found I had a limited "window" for the shot, below and to the sides.
    I didn't like the tight crop either but forgot why I did it.
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 10-09-17 at 13:29.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

"Critique my firearm picture" thread

Taken this morning, using my iPhone 6s jut to mess around, this thread made me do it

I like the feel of the weathered fence for pics in general and hanging the rifle made it feel better than leaning it on against the fence

So far I don't think I have looked at it enough to really critique it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sierrahotel83; 10-15-17 at 10:06.
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierrahotel83 View Post

Taken this morning, using my iPhone 6s jut to mess around, this thread made me do it

I like the feel of the weathered fence for pics in general and hanging the rifle made it feel better than leaning it on against the fence

So far I don't think I have looked at it enough to really critique it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Multiple backgrounds and conflicting angles aren't helping this one.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    Thank you Stick. This is why it's good to have a photo editor, while trying to boost the color of the faded/old cactus the SBR turned blue.
    While now the total fix, I got the 6933 back to black(ish).

After going back to the photo site I found I had a limited "window" for the shot, below and to the sides.
    I didn't like the tight crop either but forgot why I did it.

Looks a million times better this way.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Tried to take advantage of the snow today.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    ^^^I like it.

Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast