Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: hearing protection act

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Don't worry. The Dems will be throwing themselves under buses before they let this pass. Maybe some Republicans too.

The left will demagogue, filibuster, and lie about this in the media until it dies.

I don't really see this as any more than a fantasy.
    Conservatives are not pro 2nd amendment either, at best they are luke warm Fudds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Don't worry. The Dems will be throwing themselves under buses before they let this pass. Maybe some Republicans too.

The left will demagogue, filibuster, and lie about this in the media until it dies.

I don't really see this as any more than a fantasy.
    I'm so sick of this attitude among gun owners because most of the time it kills any chance of them taking action. There's a good chance you're right, but maybe you're not. A lot has happened in the last few months that contradicts common knowledge based on how things have been in the past, maybe the HPA will follow that trend. Let's at least send some letters and make some calls to try to support this thing, I mean what the hell do we have to lose?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkerr View Post
    I'm so sick of this attitude among gun owners because most of the time it kills any chance of them taking action. There's a good chance you're right, but maybe you're not. A lot has happened in the last few months that contradicts common knowledge based on how things have been in the past, maybe the HPA will follow that trend. Let's at least send some letters and make some calls to try to support this thing, I mean what the hell do we have to lose?
    Agreed and the mac makes a valid point.

Your worried they will get your information? They already have it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkerr View Post
    Not saying not to try. Just pointing out the typical conservative does not want statutes to be repealed particularly when republicans are in office. Quite the opposite actually.

Feedback Score
    Current status of this bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...rt=lastToFirst

It was filed on Jan 9th and now has 97 co-sponsors. It has been referred to two committees: Ways and Means Cmte( chaired by Kevin Brady of TX), and Judiciary Cmte (chaired by Bob Goodlatte of VA), which then referred it to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations, chaired by Trey Gowdy of SC. Subcommittee Vice Chair is Louie Gohmert of TX, a cosponsor of the bill. Vice Chair of Ways and Means is Sam Johnson of Texas, also a co-sponsor.

There is a Senate version, S.59, which has seven co-sponsors. It has been referred to the Finance Cmte. The bill's author (Mike Crapo of ID)and two of its co-sponsors( Roger Wicker of MS and John Cornyn of TX), are on the committee.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...rt=lastToFirst
    Last edited by oldtexan; 02-10-17 at 10:34.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB1 View Post
    Conservatives are not pro 2nd amendment either, at best they are luke warm Fudds.
    Totally agree. I can't stand that I have to regularly defend my choice of firearms to fellow firearms owners. Honestly, I feel we are often our own worst enemy. Liberals step right in line and will stomp you out with force. Gun owners will argue the need for full auto, semi auto (PA just approved semi-auto hunting and the fudds are out in force), suppressors, and/ or the merits of black rifles. I personally don't need to sign off on someones choices, I just want my kids to have atleast the same, or better, choices that I have. I love firearms and the firearms community as a whole, I just wish that mutual love/ reapect was universal. We have a real chance to re-write the narrative her and change some archaic laws, the least we could do is get on board and give it a fighting chance!

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    Current status of this bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...rt=lastToFirst

It was filed on Jan 9th and now has 97 co-sponsors. It has been referred to two committees: Ways and Means Cmte( chaired by Kevin Brady of TX), and Judiciary Cmte (chaired by Bob Goodlatte of VA), which then referred it to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations, chaired by Trey Gowdy of SC. Subcommittee Vice Chair is Louie Gohmert of TX, a cosponsor of the bill. Vice Chair of Ways and Means is Sam Johnson of Texas, also a co-sponsor.

There is a Senate version, S.59, which has seven co-sponsors. It has been referred to the Finance Cmte. The bill's author (Mike Crapo of ID)and two of its co-sponsors( Roger Wicker of MS and John Cornyn of TX), are on the committee.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...rt=lastToFirst

Thanks for posting this.
    My rep was not listed as a sponsor so I sent him yet another email.
    THAT is how we get things done.
    Keep up the pressure - not wasting time with nay-saying and whining "it will never happen" etc.
    Indeed we are our own worst enemies sometimes.
    Per Ardua ad Astra.
    STS - gone but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nova3930 View Post
    If suppressors move to a NICS check I'd expect the tax to transfer to be manufacturing excise tax like with complete firearms. It would be baked into the total price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Pittman- Robertson is also a crock.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minn...._Commissioner

Feedback Score
    I don't post much because I am not a BTDT type or an SME on firearms, but I just emailed my three representatives and senators. I do understand what some people are saying about this being an uphill fight, but so was the fight to keep Hillary out of the Oval Office. We as firearm owners and users do have to band together and become advocates even if we don't like wood, plastic, or whatever our silly neighbor likes, because we are all in this together. If we don't support efforts because we think it's going nowhere, when a bill comes up to remove our freedoms, we remain silent thinking it won't happen and boom, AWB, high cap mag restrictions, and flash hiders become "evil".

Sorry for the soap box, but I'm doing my part.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You are right of course. I have horrible Senate representation but I still send the letters and throw my name in the hat.

There is one, and I have heard Tim Kaine say this recently... "I get a lot of letters adn calls.... blah, blah, blah... " Well that is in support of his ideals. If however he gets letters and calls from the opposition, at least he keeps his mouth shut. so you are right, even those of us that are currently misrepresented still need to fight to keep what we have otherwise the scales tip way too far in the wrong direction.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast